What is involved in Cloud management
Find out what the related areas are that Cloud management connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Cloud management thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Cloud Management Platform journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Cloud Management Platform leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Cloud management related domains to cover and 47 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Cloud management, Brokerage firm, Cloud computing, Cloud services, Single sign-on:
Cloud management Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Cloud management issues and grade techniques for implementing Cloud management controls.
– How can you verify that the virtualization platform or cloud management software running on the systems you use, which you did not install and do not control, does not contain malware?
– To what extent does management recognize Cloud management as a tool to increase the results?
– How do we Identify specific Cloud management investment and emerging trends?
– Cloud management for Cloud management do we really need one?
– How would one define Cloud management leadership?
Brokerage firm Critical Criteria:
Transcribe Brokerage firm results and develop and take control of the Brokerage firm initiative.
– In the case of a Cloud management project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Cloud management project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Cloud management project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– Do Cloud management rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
– Can we do Cloud management without complex (expensive) analysis?
Cloud computing Critical Criteria:
Consult on Cloud computing strategies and observe effective Cloud computing.
– What impact has emerging technology (e.g., cloud computing, virtualization and mobile computing) had on your companys ITRM program over the past 12 months?
– Provider viability: what happens to your organizations applications and data in the event that the provider goes out of business?
– Have you considered that metrics collection, and system performance and security monitoring are more difficult in the cloud?
– Is it more economical to move my existing datacenter-hosted service to the cloud, or to keep it in a datacenter?
– Will the move to cloud computing shorten the time it takes to deliver functional enhancements to end users?
– Do we require that confidential information in the cloud be stored within the united states?
– When is utility computing preferable to running a private cloud?
– Will cloud computing lead to a reduction in it expenditure?
– Fog computing : will it be the future of cloud computing ?
– What is the impact of hybrid cloud computing on i&o?
– What is the first priority cloud security concern?
– Is there a good pricing model for cloud services?
– What are reasons to say no to cloud computing?
– Why is cloud security such a big challenge?
– How does BYOD affect security in the cloud?
– what is New About Cloud Computing Security?
– What problems does cloud computing solve?
– How not to be locked in a SaaS system?
– what is the future of private cloud?
Cloud services Critical Criteria:
Chart Cloud services results and slay a dragon.
– The slower data transfer rate between a compute cluster and a storage array has been adversely impacting multiple cloud services. which Service Management process helps to mitigate this impact?
– A consumer needs to determine their scope of adoption of cloud services. which governance, risk and compliance process should they perform for this purpose?
– Do the security controls encompass not only the cloud services themselves, but also the management interfaces offered to customers?
– How can I automatically provision user accounts with cloud services and automate the process of provisoning and deprovisioning?
– Which security mechanism enables organizations to authenticate their users of cloud services using a chosen provider?
– Can the cloud services provide enough resources and extra capacity to meet increased demand from all of their customers?
– Which cloud characteristic enables the consumers to use cloud services from a wide range of client platforms?
– Does the customer have governance and compliance processes in place for the use of cloud services?
– Is a report by an independent audit agency available, for covering the providers cloud services?
– Question to cloud provider: Can I integrate my current IdAM system with your cloud services?
– What are key cost factors involved while using cloud services from a service provider?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Cloud management forward?
– Which type of software is capable of creating cloud services?
– So, how does security management manifest in cloud services?
– Is PII going to be stored/processed by the cloud services?
– What are our Cloud management Processes?
Single sign-on Critical Criteria:
Meet over Single sign-on management and catalog Single sign-on activities.
– How can I avoid duplication of identity, attributes, and credentials and provide a single sign-on user experience for my users?
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Cloud management?
– Does Cloud management analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Cloud Management Platform Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Cloud management External links:
Hybrid Cloud Management Platform | CloudBolt
IBM Enterprise Cloud Management Documentation
Cloud Management & Optimization | CloudHealth …
Brokerage firm External links:
If a Brokerage Firm Closes Its Doors | FINRA.org
Cloud computing External links:
CRM Software & Cloud Computing Solutions – Salesforce UK
Microsoft Azure Cloud Computing Platform & Services
Compliant Cloud Computing Simplified – Lumen21
Cloud services External links:
Microsoft Azure Essentials | Azure training – cloud services
Single sign-on External links:
UAH Single Sign-On – CAS – Central Authentication Service
JCCC Single Sign-on
What is single sign-on (SSO)? – Definition from …