What is involved in Application performance management
Find out what the related areas are that Application performance management connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Application performance management thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Application performance management journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Application performance management leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Application performance management related domains to cover and 160 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Application performance management, .NET Framework, Application Response Measurement, Application service management, Business transaction management, Business transaction performance, Cloud computing, Data analytics, Gartner, Information technology, Level of service, Middleware, Network management, Passive monitoring, Performance metric, Performance metrics, Platform virtualization, Port mirroring, Resource, Round-trip delay time, Software, Synthetic monitoring, Systems management, User experience, Website monitoring:
Application performance management Critical Criteria:
Chat re Application performance management failures and get answers.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Application performance management agendas for the next 3 years?
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Application performance management values?
– How do we Lead with Application performance management in Mind?
.NET Framework Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about .NET Framework results and oversee .NET Framework management by competencies.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Application performance management strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– How do we know that any Application performance management analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– Who will provide the final approval of Application performance management deliverables?
Application Response Measurement Critical Criteria:
Concentrate on Application Response Measurement tasks and balance specific methods for improving Application Response Measurement results.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Application performance management models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Application performance management project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– Does Application performance management appropriately measure and monitor risk?
Application service management Critical Criteria:
Investigate Application service management quality and develop and take control of the Application service management initiative.
– What are the disruptive Application performance management technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– Think of your Application performance management project. what are the main functions?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Application performance management?
Business transaction management Critical Criteria:
Investigate Business transaction management planning and mentor Business transaction management customer orientation.
– Will Application performance management deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
– Are accountability and ownership for Application performance management clearly defined?
– What are the short and long-term Application performance management goals?
Business transaction performance Critical Criteria:
Face Business transaction performance tasks and point out improvements in Business transaction performance.
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Application performance management?
– How likely is the current Application performance management plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Application performance management moving forward?
Cloud computing Critical Criteria:
Interpolate Cloud computing risks and plan concise Cloud computing education.
– Business Considerations. Business considerations include the overall organizational readiness for using cloud computing. Is the application owner willing and comfortable with a cloud platform?
– How will you exercise control over the data within the cloud to ensure that the data are available and that confidentiality and integrity of the data remain protected?
– Have you considered that metrics collection, and system performance and security monitoring are more difficult in the cloud?
– If the application is used to generate revenue, is the move to cloud computing expected to increase that revenue?
– Are the risks associated with cloud computing actually higher than the risks enterprises are facing today?
– How will technology advancements in soa, virtualization and cloud computing further enable saas adoption?
– What are the ways in which cloud computing and big data can work together?
– If your data is stored abroad whose foi policy do you adhere to?
– How does cloud computing affect budget predictability for CIOs?
– Will cloud computing lead to a reduction in it expenditure?
– Is cloud computing a threat to the real sense of ownership?
– What are the pros cons of various oss for cloud computing?
– Is there any recourses about cloud computing performance?
– Networks that are flexible, well-performing, and secure?
– What will cloud computing look like in 5 years?
– What are reasons to say no to cloud computing?
– Defining terms: what is a cloud platform?
– How do I estimate cloud computing costs?
– Will cloud computing always lower costs?
– What happened to grid computing?
Data analytics Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Data analytics results and explain and analyze the challenges of Data analytics.
– What are the potential areas of conflict that can arise between organizations IT and marketing functions around the deployment and use of business intelligence and data analytics software services and what is the best way to resolve them?
– What are the long-term implications of other disruptive technologies (e.g., machine learning, robotics, data analytics) converging with blockchain development?
– What are the particular research needs of your organization on big data analytics that you find essential to adequately handle your data assets?
– Does Application performance management analysis show the relationships among important Application performance management factors?
– Can we be rewired to use the power of data analytics to improve our management of human capital?
– What is the difference between Data Analytics Data Analysis Data Mining and Data Science?
– Which departments in your organization are involved in using data technologies and data analytics?
– Which core Oracle Business Intelligence or Big Data Analytics products are used in your solution?
– Social Data Analytics Are you integrating social into your business intelligence?
– what is the difference between Data analytics and Business Analytics If Any?
– Is Supporting Application performance management documentation required?
– Does your organization have a strategy on big data or data analytics?
– What are our tools for big data analytics?
Gartner Critical Criteria:
Nurse Gartner failures and look at the big picture.
– Have all basic functions of Application performance management been defined?
– Do we all define Application performance management in the same way?
Information technology Critical Criteria:
Depict Information technology strategies and probe the present value of growth of Information technology.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Application performance management. How do we gain traction?
– Does your company have defined information technology risk performance metrics that are monitored and reported to management on a regular basis?
– Do the response plans address damage assessment, site restoration, payroll, Human Resources, information technology, and administrative support?
– If a survey was done with asking organizations; Is there a line between your information technology department and your information security department?
– Will Application performance management have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– How does new information technology come to be applied and diffused among firms?
– The difference between data/information and information technology (it)?
– Why is Application performance management important for you now?
– When do you ask for help from Information Technology (IT)?
Level of service Critical Criteria:
Powwow over Level of service outcomes and finalize specific methods for Level of service acceptance.
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Application performance management project?
– What level of service resilience and backup is provided within the service?
– What level of service or quality of service should the customer expect?
– How is the value delivered by Application performance management being measured?
– What level of service resilience and backup is provided within the service?
– What level of service resilience and backup is provided within services?
– Why should we adopt a Application performance management framework?
– What are the costs to provide this level of service?
– What level of service should be offered?
Middleware Critical Criteria:
Judge Middleware goals and visualize why should people listen to you regarding Middleware.
– Does Application performance management include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Application performance management is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– In which area(s) do data integration and BI, as part of Fusion Middleware, help our IT infrastructure?
– Have security reviews included requirements for support, plug-in components, or middleware?
– Have security reviews been made for support/plug-in components middleware?
– What middlewares are used in Internet of things?
– How can we improve Application performance management?
Network management Critical Criteria:
Be clear about Network management adoptions and learn.
– Do the Application performance management decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– Is there any existing Application performance management governance structure?
– How can skill-level changes improve Application performance management?
Passive monitoring Critical Criteria:
Closely inspect Passive monitoring results and assess what counts with Passive monitoring that we are not counting.
– In the case of a Application performance management project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Application performance management project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Application performance management project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– Is there a Application performance management Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Application performance management activities?
Performance metric Critical Criteria:
Study Performance metric strategies and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Performance metric.
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Application performance management delivery for example is new software needed?
– Have you defined IT risk performance metrics that are monitored and reported?
– Are there recognized Application performance management problems?
Performance metrics Critical Criteria:
Huddle over Performance metrics goals and maintain Performance metrics for success.
– How would one define Application performance management leadership?
– How to Secure Application performance management?
Platform virtualization Critical Criteria:
Investigate Platform virtualization strategies and get out your magnifying glass.
– What are the usability implications of Application performance management actions?
– Is a Application performance management Team Work effort in place?
Port mirroring Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Port mirroring planning and adjust implementation of Port mirroring.
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Application performance management process?
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Application performance management ?
Resource Critical Criteria:
Powwow over Resource adoptions and explore and align the progress in Resource.
– The goal of a disaster recovery plan is to minimize the costs resulting from losses of, or damages to, the resources or capabilities of your IT facilities. The success of any disaster recovery plan depends a great deal on being able to determine the risks associated with data loss. What is the impact to our business if the data is lost?
– What constraints apply, either in the nature and scope of our design effort (time, cost, funding, and other resources) or in the nature (size, cost, weight, etc.) of our solution?
– What should I consider in selecting the most resource-effective data collection design that will satisfy all of my performance or acceptance criteria?
– How do you intend to fund the reopening: from existing business sources, your own resources, other investors, banks, lenders, or a mix?
– How often do we hold meaningful conversations at the operating level among sales, finance, operations, IT, and human resources?
– What is the right balance of time and resources between investigation, analysis, and discussion and dissemination?
– Can the cloud services provide enough resources and extra capacity to meet increased demand from all of their customers?
– Which management activity ensures adequate availability of resources based on a service level objective?
– Should pay levels and differences reflect what workers are used to in their own countries?
– What is the most important feature that an ERP must have in terms of Human Resource?
– How does the organization acquire and allocate its computing resources?
– What resources are available in the community to support the program?
– What are the costs of the resources used in the process?
– What skills or resources can the target group offer?
– Can the stakeholders offer any resources in kind?
– What is the allocation time for each resource?
– In what areas do you feel we can improve?
Round-trip delay time Critical Criteria:
Participate in Round-trip delay time quality and separate what are the business goals Round-trip delay time is aiming to achieve.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Application performance management product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– How do we ensure that implementations of Application performance management products are done in a way that ensures safety?
Software Critical Criteria:
Recall Software strategies and research ways can we become the Software company that would put us out of business.
– When you are identifying the potential technical strategy(s) you have several process factors that you should address. As with initial scoping how much detail you go into when documenting the architecture, the views that you create, and your approach to modeling are important considerations. Furthermore, will you be considering one or more candidate architectures and what is your overall delivery strategy?
– Can you name any software product that has a tuning process (when one part changes or has new components added or a different vendor adds something to it, all parts are evaluated)?
– Does the software let users work with the existing data infrastructure already in place, freeing your it team from creating more cubes, universes, and standalone marts?
– Does the software provide fast query performance, either via its own fast in-memory software or by directly connecting to fast data stores?
– Does your software provide roleand group-based security options that allow business users to securely create and publish their work?
– Does the company have equipment dependent on remote upgrades to firmware or software, or have plans to implement such systems?
– If mobile technologies are supported, how is the software optimized for use on smartphone, tables, and other mobile devices?
– How does our CRM collaboration software integrate well with Google services like Google Apps and Google Docs?
– Does your bi software work well with both centralized and decentralized data architectures and vendors?
– Is the software compatible with new database formats for raw, unstructured, and semi-structured big data?
– Does it avoid poorly executed software handoffs between development, testing, and operations?
– What does each software asset cost now and throughout the upgrade or refresh cycles?
– Can We Quantitatively Assess and Manage Risk of Software Privacy Breaches?
– Can your software be accessed via Windows PCs and Apple Mac computers?
– Is open source software development essentially an agile method?
– How do you scale Agile to large (500-5000 person) teams?
– How do we determine who is entitled to what software?
– Does your software integrate with active directory?
– Detaching: when does it break down?
– How does Cost of Change affect Software?
Synthetic monitoring Critical Criteria:
Align Synthetic monitoring governance and report on setting up Synthetic monitoring without losing ground.
– Think about the people you identified for your Application performance management project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Application performance management objectives?
Systems management Critical Criteria:
Guard Systems management governance and assess what counts with Systems management that we are not counting.
– What are the key elements of your Application performance management performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– Is the Application performance management organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
User experience Critical Criteria:
Derive from User experience results and correct better engagement with User experience results.
– What do you think the world of enterprise software delivery will look like in ten to fifteen years (take into account practices, technology, and user experience)?
– How can I avoid duplication of identity, attributes, and credentials and provide a single sign-on user experience for my users?
– How can you negotiate Application performance management successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– Where does User Experience come from, what does it add to the software development process and what methods are available?
– To what extent does management recognize Application performance management as a tool to increase the results?
– What is the difference between information architecture and user experience design?
– What are the potential impacts to user experience by using a cloud-based service?
– What are the problems when integrating Agile Development and User Experience?
– What is the difference between customer experience and user experience?
– What are the best-practices for creating a good User Experience?
– What does User Experience do?
– What is User Experience?
Website monitoring Critical Criteria:
Familiarize yourself with Website monitoring projects and look at it backwards.
– How do mission and objectives affect the Application performance management processes of our organization?
– What is the purpose of Application performance management in relation to the mission?
– What are the barriers to increased Application performance management production?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Application performance management Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Application performance management External links:
Application Performance Management | TraceView
AppOptics – Application Performance Management | …
Application Performance Management | SolarWinds
Application Response Measurement External links:
ARM – Application Response Measurement
Application Response Measurement (ARM) Tools | MyARM
Application service management External links:
Skill Pages – Application service management | Dice.com
APPLICATION SERVICE MANAGEMENT DEVICE AND …
Business transaction management External links:
Business Transaction Management Process – SSG …
Cloud computing External links:
Cloud Computing | Oracle
Microsoft Azure Cloud Computing Platform & Services
Data analytics External links:
What is data analytics (DA)? – Definition from WhatIs.com
What is Data Analytics? – Definition from Techopedia
Twitter Data Analytics – TweetTracker
Gartner External links:
Gartner Studios – Official Site
Gartner Events On Demand
Enterprise IT Software Reviews | Gartner Peer Insights
Information technology External links:
OHIO: Office of Information Technology |About Email
Rebelmail | UNLV Office of Information Technology (OIT)
Umail | University Information Technology Services
Level of service External links:
[PDF]APPENDIX B Traffic Level of Service Calculation Methods
[PDF]Predicting outcome with the Level of Service …
Middleware External links:
ASP.NET Core Middleware | Microsoft Docs
Welcome to Oracle Fusion Middleware – California
Network management External links:
Network Management Products and Solutions – Cisco
UNMS – Ubiquiti Network Management System
OSPINSIGHT – Fiber Optic Network Management
Passive monitoring External links:
Active versus Passive Monitoring | BMC Communities
Performance metric External links:
What Is a Good Performance Metric? | Chron.com
Performance metrics External links:
TNECD Performance Metrics – TN.Gov
Performance metrics and goals | Mass.gov
Enterprise Performance Metrics
Port mirroring External links:
[PDF]RECORDING VoIP TRAFFIC via PORT MIRRORING …
Resource External links:
First American – Title Resource Database
The Title Resource Network
Title Resources is a national title insurance underwriter
Round-trip delay time External links:
RTD | Round-Trip Delay Time | Glossary
Round-trip delay time – YouTube
Software External links:
InSite SiteWork Excavation Software Overview
Computer Hardware, Software, Technology Solutions | Insight
Insite Software | Built for B2B™
Synthetic monitoring External links:
Dynatrace Synthetic Monitoring | Dynatrace
What is Synthetic Monitoring? – MaxCDN
Synthetic Monitoring | Catchpoint®
Systems management External links:
Geographic Information Systems Management Office – …
– Operation Processes and Systems Management …
Welcome to the Mail Systems Management Association
User experience External links:
Google User Experience Research
Lojic | Manufacturing User Experience
User Experience | UX Design Tools | Optimal Workshop
Website monitoring External links:
checkwebsite.org @ Website Monitoring – …
Website Monitoring – MxToolbox