What is involved in Systems Engineering
Find out what the related areas are that Systems Engineering connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Systems Engineering thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Systems Engineering journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Systems Engineering leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Systems Engineering related domains to cover and 274 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Systems Engineering, Watts Humphrey, Wolt Fabrycky, Formal system, Enterprise Unified Process, System integration, Defence industry, Agile software development, Software development process, Wernher von Braun, Glossary of aerospace engineering, Nervous system, Glossary of mechanical engineering, Model-based systems engineering, Privacy engineering, Complex adaptive system, Apollo program, Economic system, Systems engineering process, Value Stream Mapping, Geotechnical engineering, Systems theory in anthropology, Urban metabolism, Fault tree, Systems neuroscience, Radhika Nagpal, Well defined, Management cybernetics, Physical system, Systems ecology, Enterprise Architecture framework, Writing system, Use case, Systems analysis, Ivar Jacobson, Organizational studies, Social system, Software testing, Information model, Earth systems engineering and management, Multi-agent system, System dynamics, Radio-frequency engineering, System lifecycle, Executable UML, Bertrand Meyer, Statistical analysis, Enterprise architecture, Electronic Industries Alliance, Biological system, Mathematical optimization, Biological engineering, Anatol Rapoport, Systems development life cycle, Software quality assurance, Process engineering, Quality management, Project stakeholders, Environmental engineering, Glossary of electrical and electronics engineering, Systems theory in archaeology, Danese Cooper, Structural engineering, Software architecture, Wide-area networks, Systems Engineering, Metric system, Verification and validation, System information modelling, Software configuration management:
Systems Engineering Critical Criteria:
Reason over Systems Engineering issues and stake your claim.
– When we try to quantify Systems Engineering in terms of capturing productivity (i.e., size/effort) data to incorporate into a parametric model, what size measure captures the amount of intellectual work performed by the systems engineer?
– The pp and the semp define the tasks and schedule for the project and the processes that will be followed to produce the deliverables. once the project is underway, how can you track progress against the plan?
– How do you know that your project team members are following the documented cm processes to establish the baseline and control changes to it?
– How much testing is necessary in order to expose all the potential failure modes and situations of highly integrated complex systems?
– Do we have confidence in the reliability and robustness of the systems we design?
– What is the detailed set of functions and properties of a given interface?
– What will happen if there is a loss of key staff or contractor personnel?
– How will functionality be verified and validated?
– What solution options may be appropriate?
– Where would we like to be in the future?
– How much systems engineering is enough?
– What parts are connected to each other?
– How do we compare with the competition?
– How will we know when we are done?
– Is the schedule too aggressive?
– How does it all fit together?
– How confident are we?
– Right implementation?
– What option is best?
Watts Humphrey Critical Criteria:
Jump start Watts Humphrey projects and interpret which customers can’t participate in Watts Humphrey because they lack skills.
– Does Systems Engineering analysis show the relationships among important Systems Engineering factors?
– What are the business goals Systems Engineering is aiming to achieve?
– Are there Systems Engineering Models?
Wolt Fabrycky Critical Criteria:
Check Wolt Fabrycky decisions and track iterative Wolt Fabrycky results.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Systems Engineering in a volatile global economy?
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Systems Engineering that make it risky?
– How do we Lead with Systems Engineering in Mind?
Formal system Critical Criteria:
Test Formal system planning and don’t overlook the obvious.
– Do We have a formal system for managing risks, so we can be sure we will not have a problem in the future?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Systems Engineering processes?
– What are our Systems Engineering Processes?
Enterprise Unified Process Critical Criteria:
Examine Enterprise Unified Process governance and gather practices for scaling Enterprise Unified Process.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Systems Engineering into the services that we provide?
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Systems Engineering project?
– Does the Systems Engineering task fit the clients priorities?
System integration Critical Criteria:
Contribute to System integration leadership and interpret which customers can’t participate in System integration because they lack skills.
– What are the key elements of your Systems Engineering performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Systems Engineering?
– How do you address back-end system integration?
Defence industry Critical Criteria:
Infer Defence industry management and look at it backwards.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Systems Engineering services/products?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Systems Engineering leaders?
– What are the usability implications of Systems Engineering actions?
Agile software development Critical Criteria:
Guard Agile software development issues and triple focus on important concepts of Agile software development relationship management.
– As corporate ventures usually go to new business areas and work with new technologies, they are most likely unable to utilize existing commercial or parent corporations in-house development methods. Could Agile Manifesto and agile methods be a good starting point for the corporate venture to start their development effort towards their own, efficient agile in-house software development method?
– What if your business needs are still emerging and certain aspects of the system are rapidly changing or cannot be defined yet?
– Can you afford to lock your business into a rigid long-term project where the cost of change grows exponentially?
– Can research really be relegated to a series of steps that when performed in sequence result in a new product?
– Are meetings viewed as ways for managers to micromanage their teams: what have you done in the last 24 hours?
– Can agile methods be used effectively for evolving a system in response to customer change requests?
– What kind of enabling and limiting factors can be found for the use of agile methods?
– Why should a client choose a project team which offers agile software development?
– Do we ask in the sprint retrospective: What went well during the sprint?
– Will the organizational culture support new values of the agile team?
– What are the a best practices for Agile SCRUM Product Management?
– How can Trello be used as an Agile project management tool?
– Has Your Organization Adopted One or More Agile Techniques?
– what is the minimum we can do to produce a quality product?
– How do you scale Agile to large (500-5000 person) teams?
– What changes need to be made to agile development today?
– Do we use kanban, and know how it compares to scrum?
– Is the system subject to external regulation?
– Does your team use Agile Methodology?
– What Is Extreme Programming?
Software development process Critical Criteria:
Steer Software development process engagements and figure out ways to motivate other Software development process users.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Systems Engineering processes?
– Where does User Experience come from, what does it add to the software development process and what methods are available?
– Are we Assessing Systems Engineering and Risk?
Wernher von Braun Critical Criteria:
Demonstrate Wernher von Braun decisions and intervene in Wernher von Braun processes and leadership.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Systems Engineering project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Systems Engineering project lifecycle?
– Are assumptions made in Systems Engineering stated explicitly?
Glossary of aerospace engineering Critical Criteria:
Check Glossary of aerospace engineering planning and cater for concise Glossary of aerospace engineering education.
– What are specific Systems Engineering Rules to follow?
– How to deal with Systems Engineering Changes?
Nervous system Critical Criteria:
Distinguish Nervous system results and learn.
– Think about the people you identified for your Systems Engineering project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– What are all of our Systems Engineering domains and what do they do?
Glossary of mechanical engineering Critical Criteria:
Guard Glossary of mechanical engineering planning and secure Glossary of mechanical engineering creativity.
– What are the barriers to increased Systems Engineering production?
– Are accountability and ownership for Systems Engineering clearly defined?
Model-based systems engineering Critical Criteria:
Revitalize Model-based systems engineering results and remodel and develop an effective Model-based systems engineering strategy.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Systems Engineering processes?
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Systems Engineering strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
Privacy engineering Critical Criteria:
Canvass Privacy engineering engagements and remodel and develop an effective Privacy engineering strategy.
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Systems Engineering? There might be some that are less obvious?
– Do the Systems Engineering decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– To what extent does management recognize Systems Engineering as a tool to increase the results?
Complex adaptive system Critical Criteria:
Dissect Complex adaptive system governance and report on developing an effective Complex adaptive system strategy.
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Systems Engineering?
– Is There a Role for Complex Adaptive Systems Theory?
– Why should we adopt a Systems Engineering framework?
Apollo program Critical Criteria:
Analyze Apollo program leadership and prioritize challenges of Apollo program.
– what is the best design framework for Systems Engineering organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Systems Engineering process?
– Why is Systems Engineering important for you now?
Economic system Critical Criteria:
Cut a stake in Economic system outcomes and display thorough understanding of the Economic system process.
– Which customers cant participate in our Systems Engineering domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– Does Systems Engineering systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– How do you contribute to the well-being of your environmental, social, and economic systems?
– How can skill-level changes improve Systems Engineering?
Systems engineering process Critical Criteria:
Depict Systems engineering process results and find answers.
– What is the purpose of Systems Engineering in relation to the mission?
– Can we do Systems Engineering without complex (expensive) analysis?
Value Stream Mapping Critical Criteria:
Match Value Stream Mapping risks and stake your claim.
– Does Systems Engineering analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
– How do we keep improving Systems Engineering?
Geotechnical engineering Critical Criteria:
Meet over Geotechnical engineering visions and visualize why should people listen to you regarding Geotechnical engineering.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Systems Engineering product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Systems Engineering is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Systems Engineering forward?
Systems theory in anthropology Critical Criteria:
Canvass Systems theory in anthropology strategies and optimize Systems theory in anthropology leadership as a key to advancement.
– Are there Systems Engineering problems defined?
Urban metabolism Critical Criteria:
Probe Urban metabolism adoptions and intervene in Urban metabolism processes and leadership.
– Does our organization need more Systems Engineering education?
Fault tree Critical Criteria:
Transcribe Fault tree issues and budget for Fault tree challenges.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Systems Engineering. How do we gain traction?
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Systems Engineering?
– Do we monitor the Systems Engineering decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
Systems neuroscience Critical Criteria:
Sort Systems neuroscience adoptions and innovate what needs to be done with Systems neuroscience.
– What is the source of the strategies for Systems Engineering strengthening and reform?
– Is Supporting Systems Engineering documentation required?
– How will you measure your Systems Engineering effectiveness?
Radhika Nagpal Critical Criteria:
Deliberate Radhika Nagpal outcomes and work towards be a leading Radhika Nagpal expert.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Systems Engineering agendas for the next 3 years?
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Systems Engineering with what users do day-to-day?
– How to Secure Systems Engineering?
Well defined Critical Criteria:
Consolidate Well defined results and define what our big hairy audacious Well defined goal is.
– Are the customer segments for the product well defined, e.g. in terms of industry line, company size, buyer type (CEO/board level individual vs. human resource manager), geography etc?
– What potential environmental factors impact the Systems Engineering effort?
– What are the Key enablers to make this Systems Engineering move?
Management cybernetics Critical Criteria:
Jump start Management cybernetics governance and ask questions.
– How can you negotiate Systems Engineering successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– In a project to restructure Systems Engineering outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– Who sets the Systems Engineering standards?
Physical system Critical Criteria:
Own Physical system risks and get answers.
– How do we go about Comparing Systems Engineering approaches/solutions?
– Are there recognized Systems Engineering problems?
Systems ecology Critical Criteria:
Detail Systems ecology governance and handle a jump-start course to Systems ecology.
– What is our Systems Engineering Strategy?
Enterprise Architecture framework Critical Criteria:
Test Enterprise Architecture framework outcomes and look at the big picture.
– Can we add value to the current Systems Engineering decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– Does Systems Engineering create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– What are current Systems Engineering Paradigms?
Writing system Critical Criteria:
Extrapolate Writing system leadership and grade techniques for implementing Writing system controls.
– Is Systems Engineering dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– How can you measure Systems Engineering in a systematic way?
Use case Critical Criteria:
Start Use case leadership and slay a dragon.
– While a move from Oracles MySQL may be necessary because of its inability to handle key big data use cases, why should that move involve a switch to Apache Cassandra and DataStax Enterprise?
– What tools specific functionality do clients use the most often in data management to what degree and for what use case?
– Are responsibilities clear across monitoring market developments, engagement, internal communication, driving use cases?
– Are efforts focused on identifying use cases from real pain points (and not finding a problem for blockchain to solve)?
– Are NoSQL databases used primarily for applications or are they used in Business Intelligence use cases as well?
– Are there select partners in your peer group that may allow you to share thinking and build use cases together?
– Are there select use cases you want to incubate and lead for your organization or business?
– What are the use cases that your organization is targeting currently for its cmdb/cms?
– Of the different industry use cases, what are the top ones that you want to monitor?
– How can the internet of things represent an innovative use case in our sector?
– What are the use cases that your org is targeting currently for its CMDB/CMS?
– Are there potential use cases that your organization wants to drive?
– What killer use cases in mobile payments have not been considered?
– What are the best use cases for Mobile Business Intelligence?
– What are the best Internet of Things use cases?
– What use cases are affected by GDPR and how?
– What are ideal use cases for the cloud?
– Do we have Things use cases?
Systems analysis Critical Criteria:
Illustrate Systems analysis risks and look at the big picture.
– It is often difficult to explain what is achieved by Systems Analysis and design especially when talking to a user that wants a system tomorrow! why should it take so long to design a system?
– What qualifications should the Systems Analysis team be looking for when hiring their new team member?
– Are there important aspects of system components that cannot be measured adequately at this time?
– What are the principal mechanisms likely to bring about performance improvements?
– What are the five steps in the systems development life cycle (sdlc)?
– In which of the stages will end-user involvement be most extensive?
– Do you think users make the final switch to the new system easily?
– How should Systems Analysis incorporate multisectoral components?
– Could a particular task be done more quickly or more efficiently?
– Is this an acceptable application of a disruptive technology?
– What are the system analyst s and programmer s roles?
– When are users trained to use the new system?
– What other people take part in this system?
– What part of the system is working well?
– Systems Analysis and design: why is it?
– Which organizational units affected?
– Can the process be simplified?
– Can something be combined?
– What is a methodology?
– Why choose ssadm?
Ivar Jacobson Critical Criteria:
Pay attention to Ivar Jacobson decisions and track iterative Ivar Jacobson results.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Systems Engineering project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Systems Engineering process?
Organizational studies Critical Criteria:
Be responsible for Organizational studies planning and customize techniques for implementing Organizational studies controls.
– How do we Improve Systems Engineering service perception, and satisfaction?
Social system Critical Criteria:
Paraphrase Social system goals and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging Social system.
– How important is Systems Engineering to the user organizations mission?
Software testing Critical Criteria:
Infer Software testing issues and ask questions.
– What about Systems Engineering Analysis of results?
– How much does Systems Engineering help?
Information model Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about Information model projects and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Information model is getting what it needs.
– Has the semantic relationship between information elements been identified based on the information models and classification schemes?
– Have you identified your Systems Engineering key performance indicators?
Earth systems engineering and management Critical Criteria:
Track Earth systems engineering and management management and oversee Earth systems engineering and management requirements.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Systems Engineering strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Systems Engineering study?
Multi-agent system Critical Criteria:
Categorize Multi-agent system failures and optimize Multi-agent system leadership as a key to advancement.
– How do we measure improved Systems Engineering service perception, and satisfaction?
System dynamics Critical Criteria:
Add value to System dynamics results and get answers.
– What is Systems Thinking, and how does it relate to System Dynamics?
Radio-frequency engineering Critical Criteria:
Align Radio-frequency engineering leadership and pioneer acquisition of Radio-frequency engineering systems.
– What is our formula for success in Systems Engineering ?
System lifecycle Critical Criteria:
Match System lifecycle issues and point out System lifecycle tensions in leadership.
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Systems Engineering project?
Executable UML Critical Criteria:
Merge Executable UML governance and correct Executable UML management by competencies.
– How is the value delivered by Systems Engineering being measured?
Bertrand Meyer Critical Criteria:
Inquire about Bertrand Meyer management and be persistent.
Statistical analysis Critical Criteria:
Discuss Statistical analysis failures and get going.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Systems Engineering is underway?
– what is the most effective tool for Statistical Analysis Business Analytics and Business Intelligence?
Enterprise architecture Critical Criteria:
Be clear about Enterprise architecture leadership and find out.
– With the increasing adoption of cloud computing do you think enterprise architecture as a discipline will become more or less important to us and why?
– Enterprise architecture planning. how does it align with to the to be architecture?
– How does the standard fit into the Federal Enterprise Architecture (FEA)?
– Are Enterprise JavaBeans still relevant for enterprise architectures?
– Are software assets aligned with the agency enterprise architecture?
– Are the levels and focus right for TOGAF enterprise architecture?
– Are software assets aligned with the organizations enterprise architecture?
– Is There a Role for Patterns in Enterprise Architecture?
– What is the value of mature Enterprise Architecture?
– Why Should we Consider Enterprise Architecture?
– What is an Enterprise Architecture?
– What Is Enterprise Architecture?
– Why Enterprise Architecture?
Electronic Industries Alliance Critical Criteria:
Experiment with Electronic Industries Alliance projects and create a map for yourself.
– What vendors make products that address the Systems Engineering needs?
Biological system Critical Criteria:
Discuss Biological system visions and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive Biological system decisions.
– Which Systems Engineering goals are the most important?
Mathematical optimization Critical Criteria:
Accumulate Mathematical optimization tasks and assess what counts with Mathematical optimization that we are not counting.
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Systems Engineering values?
– Who will provide the final approval of Systems Engineering deliverables?
Biological engineering Critical Criteria:
Align Biological engineering results and research ways can we become the Biological engineering company that would put us out of business.
– Consider your own Systems Engineering project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
Anatol Rapoport Critical Criteria:
Define Anatol Rapoport governance and adjust implementation of Anatol Rapoport.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Systems Engineering objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– How do we know that any Systems Engineering analysis is complete and comprehensive?
Systems development life cycle Critical Criteria:
Interpolate Systems development life cycle adoptions and get out your magnifying glass.
– Why is the systems development life cycle considered an iterative process?
– Does Systems Engineering appropriately measure and monitor risk?
Software quality assurance Critical Criteria:
Canvass Software quality assurance management and remodel and develop an effective Software quality assurance strategy.
– Does the software Quality Assurance function have a management reporting channel separate from the software development project management?
– Are software Quality Assurance tests a part of the general hardware acceptance test on the customers machine before it leaves the factory?
– Do software Quality Assurance test programs undergo the same production cycle and method (except q/a) as the software they test?
– Is software Quality Assurance done by an independently reporting agency representing the interests of the eventual user?
– What are the best practices for software quality assurance when using agile development methodologies?
– Is at least one person engaged in software Quality Assurance for every ten engaged in its fabrication?
Process engineering Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Process engineering management and triple focus on important concepts of Process engineering relationship management.
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Systems Engineering opportunities costing us money?
– What are internal and external Systems Engineering relations?
Quality management Critical Criteria:
Examine Quality management tactics and mentor Quality management customer orientation.
– How do mission and objectives affect the Systems Engineering processes of our organization?
– What is the future of Data Quality management?
– Quality management -are clients satisfied?
Project stakeholders Critical Criteria:
Recall Project stakeholders risks and gather Project stakeholders models .
– Will Systems Engineering deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
– How do we maintain Systems Engineerings Integrity?
Environmental engineering Critical Criteria:
Confer re Environmental engineering issues and correct better engagement with Environmental engineering results.
– How likely is the current Systems Engineering plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
Glossary of electrical and electronics engineering Critical Criteria:
Talk about Glossary of electrical and electronics engineering projects and be persistent.
Systems theory in archaeology Critical Criteria:
Detail Systems theory in archaeology engagements and interpret which customers can’t participate in Systems theory in archaeology because they lack skills.
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Systems Engineering project manager?
Danese Cooper Critical Criteria:
Confer re Danese Cooper engagements and drive action.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Systems Engineering strengthening and reform actually originate?
Structural engineering Critical Criteria:
Check Structural engineering engagements and tour deciding if Structural engineering progress is made.
– How will you know that the Systems Engineering project has been successful?
Software architecture Critical Criteria:
Guard Software architecture tasks and pay attention to the small things.
Wide-area networks Critical Criteria:
Categorize Wide-area networks visions and give examples utilizing a core of simple Wide-area networks skills.
Systems Engineering Critical Criteria:
Pay attention to Systems Engineering governance and research ways can we become the Systems Engineering company that would put us out of business.
– If we can describe engineered systems in a way analogous to natural systems (global complexity emerging from local simplicity, for example), can we identify the parameters which obey the kind of power-law relationship we find in natural systems?
– What constraints apply, either in the nature and scope of our design effort (time, cost, funding, and other resources) or in the nature (size, cost, weight, etc.) of our solution?
– Regarding the way the system is formed and operates and the scale of interest; e.g., are we interested in complexity at the level of atoms or of cells or of organs?
– How do we achieve sufficient predictability in developing the system so as to enable meaningful costed and time-bounded, resourced plans to be formed?
– Does the project require agreements related to organizational data sharing that havent yet been created?
– How to manage the complexity to permit us to answer questions, such as: when have we done enough?
– What will take the place of magnitude in our attempts to discern a power-law relationship?
– What are the elements and the high-level capabilities of the system?
– Has organization developed a plan for continuous improvement?
– How will the system be developed, operated, and maintained?
– What is the sequence of activities that will be performed?
– How can the value of Systems Engineering be defined?
– What are the interfaces for a given part?
– Is there a commitment from the top down?
– Deliver interim releases?
– What is a system?
Metric system Critical Criteria:
Interpolate Metric system results and proactively manage Metric system risks.
Verification and validation Critical Criteria:
Look at Verification and validation outcomes and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Verification and validation projects.
– What is Effective Systems Engineering?
System information modelling Critical Criteria:
Systematize System information modelling tactics and transcribe System information modelling as tomorrows backbone for success.
Software configuration management Critical Criteria:
Guard Software configuration management decisions and question.
– What are the disruptive Systems Engineering technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– Among the Systems Engineering product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– What are some of the software Configuration Management tools?
– Definition: what is software Configuration Management?
– Motivation: why software Configuration Management?
– Why software Configuration Management ?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Systems Engineering Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Systems Engineering External links:
Mechanical, Industrial and Systems Engineering
Systems Engineering and Operations Research
Engineering Management & Systems Engineering – ODU
Watts Humphrey External links:
About Watts Humphrey
G. Watts Humphrey, Jr. | America’s Best Racing
Watts Humphrey Obituary – Sarasota, FL | Herald Tribune
Formal system External links:
Formal Systems – Formal System
What is the formal system in mathematics? – Quora
Self – Formal System
System integration External links:
Roadrunner Freight System Integration
Smart Grid Solutions | Smart Grid System Integration …
WSI – Wireless System Integration – is an IoT enabler
Defence industry External links:
Defence Industry Initiative on Business Ethics And …
dicon.gov.ng – DEFENCE INDUSTRY CORPORATION OF …
RBSS – Rheinmetall BMC Defence Industry
Agile software development External links:
8 Benefits of Agile Software Development | Segue …
What is Agile Software Development? | Agile Alliance
Agile Software Development – Amazon Official Site
http://Ad · www.amazon.com/books/computers
Software development process External links:
What is Software Development Process? – Definition …
Wernher von Braun External links:
Biography of Wernher Von Braun | NASA
Wernher von Braun, Rocket Pioneer: Biography & Quotes
Wernher Von Braun and The History of the V-2 Rocket
Glossary of aerospace engineering External links:
[PDF]Glossary Of Aerospace Engineering – skapex.de
GLOSSARY OF AEROSPACE ENGINEERING – fatses.de
[PDF]Glossary Of Aerospace Engineering – cbza.org
Nervous system External links:
How Drugs Affect the Brain and Central Nervous System
Hormonal and Nervous System Conditions – Thyroid …
What is the Nervous System? – News-Medical.net
Glossary of mechanical engineering External links:
Glossary of mechanical engineering – Revolvy
https://www.revolvy.com/topic/Glossary of mechanical engineering
Model-based systems engineering External links:
MBSE: Model-Based Systems Engineering | Coursera
MBSE.Works: Model-Based Systems Engineering …
[PDF]A Review of Model-Based Systems Engineering …
Privacy engineering External links:
Privacy Engineering Program | NIST
CPDP 2018: PRIVACY ENGINEERING: LINGUA FRANCA …
Privacy Engineering | CSRC
Complex adaptive system External links:
[PDF]Language Is a Complex Adaptive System: Position …
Apollo program External links:
Apollo program Facts for Kids | KidzSearch.com
Apollo program. (Book, 1968) [WorldCat.org]
Apollo Program Flashcards | Quizlet
Economic system External links:
Mixed Economic System – Investopedia
Economic System Flashcards | Quizlet
Economic System of Communism | Chron.com
Systems engineering process External links:
Systems Engineering Process – AcqNotes
[PDF]Improving the systems engineering process with …
Value Stream Mapping External links:
What is Value Stream Mapping? | LeanKit
What is Value Stream Mapping | Lucidchart
[PDF]Lean and Clean Value Stream Mapping – US EPA
Geotechnical engineering External links:
Environmental and Geotechnical Engineering Careers at …
Systems theory in anthropology External links:
On Systems Theory in Anthropology | Current …
Academics in Systems Theory in Anthropology – …
systems theory in anthropology Pictures, Images & …
http://photobucket.com/images/systems theory in anthropology
Urban metabolism External links:
Projective Views on Urban Metabolism (Part 1) – YouTube
urban metabolism :: Home
Urban Metabolism on Behance
Fault tree External links:
Fault Tree Analysis 8 Step Process — Accendo Reliability
Fault Tree Analysis | Creative Safety Supply
Fault Tree Analysis (FTA, System Analysis) Basics
Systems neuroscience External links:
Center for Systems Neuroscience (CSN) – Boston University
Tye Laboratory – Systems Neuroscience Research
Behavioral and Systems Neuroscience
Radhika Nagpal External links:
Radhika Nagpal: What intelligent machines can learn …
Radhika Nagpal, Ph.D. – Wyss Institute
Radhika Nagpal Profiles | Facebook
Management cybernetics External links:
Management Cybernetics: The Law of Requisite Variety – …
Management Cybernetics | Cybernetics | Applied …
MANAGEMENT CYBERNETICS: COMPUTER SIMULATION MODELS …
Physical system External links:
[PDF]The Physical System PowerPoint – Bureau of …
Finding the transfer function of a physical system – YouTube
Hume Center – Cyber-Physical System Security
Systems ecology External links:
What is systems ecology? – YouTube
People in the Coastal Systems Ecology Lab at LSU
Systems ecology | Britannica.com
Enterprise Architecture framework External links:
Vermont Enterprise Architecture Framework (VEAF) | …
[PDF]The Oracle Enterprise Architecture Framework
Writing system External links:
Runic alphabet | writing system | Britannica.com
Braille | writing system | Britannica.com
[PDF]NAVY RESERVE ORDER WRITING SYSTEM USERS …
Use case External links:
UML Use Case Diagrams: Guidelines – msdn.microsoft.com
Use Case Examples — Effective Samples and Tips
TeamViewer Use Case – Mobile Device Support
Systems analysis External links:
U.S. Army STAND-TO! | Army Materiel Systems Analysis Activity
P E Systems | Systems Analysis | Technology Services
[PDF]Measurement Systems Analysis
Ivar Jacobson External links:
Ivar Jacobson International | Facebook
The Unified Modeling Language User Guide (2nd Edition) [Grady Booch, James Rumbaugh, Ivar Jacobson] on Amazon.com. *FREE* shipping on …
Ivar Jacobson International | Scaled Agile
Organizational studies External links:
Organizational Studies Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Organizational Studies : SLU
Journal of Leadership & Organizational Studies: SAGE …
Social system External links:
Matriarchy | social system | Britannica.com
The social system – Internet Archive
Social System Theory Flashcards | Quizlet
Software testing External links:
Software Testing Certification Information – ASTQB …
ISTQB Software Testing Certification Courses | SQE Training
Software Testing Strategies and Best Practices | Atlassian
Information model External links:
Common Information Model (Windows) – msdn.microsoft.com
[PDF]Bridge Information Model Standardization
Splunk Common Information Model (CIM) | Splunkbase
Earth systems engineering and management External links:
[PDF]Earth Systems Engineering and Management – …
Center for Earth Systems Engineering and Management …
Earth systems engineering and management – IEEE …
Multi-agent system External links:
What is Multi-Agent System | IGI Global
[PDF]UAV Multi-Agent SysTEm Research (MASTER) LAB
System dynamics External links:
System Dynamics Review
System dynamics (Book, 2014) [WorldCat.org]
JPL Solar System Dynamics
Radio-frequency engineering External links:
What is RADIO-FREQUENCY ENGINEERING? What does …
System lifecycle External links:
[PDF]SYSTEM LIFECYCLE MANAGEMENT 0951
http://The system lifecycle in systems engineering is a view of a system or proposed system that addresses all phases of its existence to include system conception, design and development, production and/or construction, distribution, operation, maintenance and support, retirement, phase-out and disposal.
Executable UML External links:
Building an Executable UML Model | Agile MDA | InformIT
Executable UML (xUML)
University Bookstore at Texas State – Executable UML
Bertrand Meyer External links:
Bertrand Meyer-Stabley | Facebook
Bertrand Meyer – Google Scholar Citations
Bertrand Meyer – The Mathematics Genealogy Project
Statistical analysis External links:
The Statistical Analysis Center (SAC) – State of Delaware
Statistical Analysis Flashcards | Quizlet
Football Predictions and Bet Tips from Statistical Analysis
Enterprise architecture External links:
Enterprise Architecture – CDT Services
Enterprise Architecture Tool – leanix.net
http://Ad · www.leanix.net/leanIX/IT-Architektur
Enterprise Architecture Tool – Seamless IT solution
http://Ad · www.leanix.net/leanIX/IT-Architektur
Electronic Industries Alliance External links:
Electronic Industries Alliance (EIA) Standards | IHS Markit
Electronic Industries Alliance (EIA) – global.ihs.com
Electronic Industries Alliance (EIA)
Biological system External links:
Buffers: What are the Importance in Biological system?
Biological system – Biology-Online Dictionary
[PDF]Primo Vascular System: A Unique Biological System …
Mathematical optimization External links:
Title: Mathematical optimization for packing problems – …
Mathematical optimization — NYU Scholars
[PDF]Introduction to Mathematical Optimization
Biological engineering External links:
Chemical and Biological Engineering
Home – Chemical and Biological Engineering Department
Chemical & Biological Engineering | Northwestern …
Anatol Rapoport External links:
Operational Philosophy by Anatol Rapoport – goodreads.com
Anatol Rapoport – The George Washington University
Anatol Rapoport – YouTube
Systems development life cycle External links:
[PDF]Systems Development Life Cycle: Objectives and …
[PDF]Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) …
Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) Policy | Policy …
Software quality assurance External links:
What does a Software Quality Assurance Engineer do?
15-1199.01 – Software Quality Assurance Engineers and …
Software Quality Assurance – TestRail™ – Free 30-Day Trial
http://Ad · www.gurock.com/QA-Software/Get-Free-Trial
Process engineering External links:
What Is Business Process Engineering? – Learn.org
What Is Process Engineering? (with pictures) – wiseGEEK
Process Engineering, Research and Development, …
Quality management External links:
abaqis® | Quality Management System
What Is a Quality Management System? | ASQ
Antelope Valley Air Quality Management District
Environmental engineering External links:
Chemical, Biochemical and Environmental Engineering …
Terracon Geotechnical & Environmental Engineering …
Environmental Engineering Program | University of …
Glossary of electrical and electronics engineering External links:
Glossary of electrical and electronics engineering – …
Systems theory in archaeology External links:
World Systems Theory in Archaeology : The Oxford …
New uses of systems theory in archaeology | Search …
Systems theory in archaeology – Howling Pixel
Danese Cooper External links:
Danese Cooper – Google+
Danese Cooper – YouTube
Danese Cooper | Facebook
Structural engineering External links:
Structural Engineering Firm in Philadelphia and New York …
SK&A Structural Engineering Consulting
O’Donnell & Naccarato – Consulting structural engineering …
Software architecture External links:
O’Reilly Software Architecture Conference in New York …
Chapter 1: What is Software Architecture?
Example: Software Architecture Document
Systems Engineering External links:
What is Systems Engineering
Systems Engineering and Operations Research
Technology Consultant – Systems Engineering
Metric system External links:
Weed Measurements: The Marijuana Metric System
Metric System of Measurement – Math is Fun (Metric)
Metric System & Specifications | Fastenal
Verification and validation External links:
[PDF]Verification and Validation – University of California, …
Verification and Validation
System information modelling External links:
DAD | System Information Modelling on Wikepedia
[PDF]System Information Modelling for Smart Systems
System information modelling – topics.revolvy.com
https://topics.revolvy.com/topic/System information modelling
Software configuration management External links:
Set up the software configuration management …
[PDF]Software Configuration Management A Clear Case …
[PDF]Software Configuration Management