What is involved in 3D Printing
Find out what the related areas are that 3D Printing connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a 3D Printing thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its 3D Printing journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward 3D Printing leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which 3D Printing related domains to cover and 154 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
3D Printing, Fusion power, Genetic engineering, Ferroelectric liquid crystal display, Metamaterial cloaking, 3D printing marketplace, Collingridge dilemma, 3D printer extruder, Rotary printing press, GE Aviation, PubMed Central, Quantum bus, Quantum gate, Antimatter weapon, RepRap project, Mind uploading, Health and safety hazards of nanomaterials, Next generation of display technology, Hyponymy and hypernymy, Agricultural robot, Accelerating change, Applications of 3D printing, Limbitless Solutions, Space launch, Design for additive manufacturing, General-purpose computing on graphics processing units, Free hardware, Additive manufacturing, Regenerative medicine, Pneumatic tube, Quantum machine, Mental model, Radio-frequency identification, Fused deposition modeling, 3D selfie, Social Science Research Network, Open-source labs, Plasma weapon, Photostat machine, Gun control, Ground effect train, Plasma propulsion engine, Multi-function structure, Programmable matter, Outline of transport, 3D Manufacturing Format, Selective laser sintering, Personalized medicine, Optical rectenna, Helicon double-layer thruster, Computer-aided design, Binder material, Quantum metrology, National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, Pulmonary fibrosis, Distributed manufacturing, Airless tire, Business Insider:
3D Printing Critical Criteria:
Shape 3D Printing decisions and attract 3D Printing skills.
– What are the Essentials of Internal 3D Printing Management?
– Does 3D Printing appropriately measure and monitor risk?
– Who needs to know about 3D Printing ?
Fusion power Critical Criteria:
Start Fusion power quality and observe effective Fusion power.
– How can you negotiate 3D Printing successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– What are the barriers to increased 3D Printing production?
– Is a 3D Printing Team Work effort in place?
Genetic engineering Critical Criteria:
Probe Genetic engineering leadership and probe the present value of growth of Genetic engineering.
– Is there any existing 3D Printing governance structure?
– How will you measure your 3D Printing effectiveness?
– How to deal with 3D Printing Changes?
Ferroelectric liquid crystal display Critical Criteria:
Boost Ferroelectric liquid crystal display strategies and oversee Ferroelectric liquid crystal display requirements.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your 3D Printing strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– What is the source of the strategies for 3D Printing strengthening and reform?
– How can we improve 3D Printing?
Metamaterial cloaking Critical Criteria:
Merge Metamaterial cloaking outcomes and adopt an insight outlook.
– How do we go about Comparing 3D Printing approaches/solutions?
– What are internal and external 3D Printing relations?
3D printing marketplace Critical Criteria:
Gauge 3D printing marketplace management and slay a dragon.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to 3D Printing? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– How do we manage 3D Printing Knowledge Management (KM)?
– Does our organization need more 3D Printing education?
Collingridge dilemma Critical Criteria:
Incorporate Collingridge dilemma issues and devote time assessing Collingridge dilemma and its risk.
– What are the usability implications of 3D Printing actions?
– How can the value of 3D Printing be defined?
3D printer extruder Critical Criteria:
Guide 3D printer extruder management and improve 3D printer extruder service perception.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new 3D Printing in a volatile global economy?
– In a project to restructure 3D Printing outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– Why should we adopt a 3D Printing framework?
Rotary printing press Critical Criteria:
Study Rotary printing press strategies and look for lots of ideas.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether 3D Printing goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
GE Aviation Critical Criteria:
Test GE Aviation results and ask what if.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a 3D Printing strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– Does 3D Printing systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– What are current 3D Printing Paradigms?
PubMed Central Critical Criteria:
Air ideas re PubMed Central strategies and assess and formulate effective operational and PubMed Central strategies.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of 3D Printing product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– How do your measurements capture actionable 3D Printing information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if 3D Printing does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
Quantum bus Critical Criteria:
Extrapolate Quantum bus decisions and grade techniques for implementing Quantum bus controls.
– What management system can we use to leverage the 3D Printing experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our 3D Printing agendas for the next 3 years?
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting 3D Printing with what users do day-to-day?
Quantum gate Critical Criteria:
Guide Quantum gate management and get answers.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your 3D Printing project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
Antimatter weapon Critical Criteria:
Survey Antimatter weapon risks and test out new things.
– What is the total cost related to deploying 3D Printing, including any consulting or professional services?
– How do we Improve 3D Printing service perception, and satisfaction?
RepRap project Critical Criteria:
Differentiate RepRap project management and gather practices for scaling RepRap project.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which 3D Printing models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– What are our best practices for minimizing 3D Printing project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the 3D Printing project lifecycle?
Mind uploading Critical Criteria:
Look at Mind uploading risks and catalog Mind uploading activities.
– What are the key elements of your 3D Printing performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– Is 3D Printing dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
Health and safety hazards of nanomaterials Critical Criteria:
Co-operate on Health and safety hazards of nanomaterials governance and intervene in Health and safety hazards of nanomaterials processes and leadership.
– What are the disruptive 3D Printing technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– How do we keep improving 3D Printing?
Next generation of display technology Critical Criteria:
Pay attention to Next generation of display technology projects and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive Next generation of display technology decisions.
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in 3D Printing?
– What are the Key enablers to make this 3D Printing move?
– How is the value delivered by 3D Printing being measured?
Hyponymy and hypernymy Critical Criteria:
Refer to Hyponymy and hypernymy goals and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential Hyponymy and hypernymy information.
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a 3D Printing project?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom 3D Printing project?
– How do we go about Securing 3D Printing?
Agricultural robot Critical Criteria:
Think about Agricultural robot strategies and slay a dragon.
– To what extent does management recognize 3D Printing as a tool to increase the results?
– Is 3D Printing Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
Accelerating change Critical Criteria:
Grade Accelerating change engagements and integrate design thinking in Accelerating change innovation.
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the 3D Printing process?
Applications of 3D printing Critical Criteria:
Inquire about Applications of 3D printing quality and sort Applications of 3D printing activities.
– Does 3D Printing include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– What potential environmental factors impact the 3D Printing effort?
– Does the 3D Printing task fit the clients priorities?
Limbitless Solutions Critical Criteria:
Participate in Limbitless Solutions risks and point out Limbitless Solutions tensions in leadership.
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to 3D Printing?
– Is maximizing 3D Printing protection the same as minimizing 3D Printing loss?
– What are the long-term 3D Printing goals?
Space launch Critical Criteria:
Look at Space launch engagements and ask questions.
– Do those selected for the 3D Printing team have a good general understanding of what 3D Printing is all about?
Design for additive manufacturing Critical Criteria:
Wrangle Design for additive manufacturing strategies and mentor Design for additive manufacturing customer orientation.
– What are your most important goals for the strategic 3D Printing objectives?
– What threat is 3D Printing addressing?
General-purpose computing on graphics processing units Critical Criteria:
Deduce General-purpose computing on graphics processing units risks and forecast involvement of future General-purpose computing on graphics processing units projects in development.
– How do we measure improved 3D Printing service perception, and satisfaction?
– Why is 3D Printing important for you now?
Free hardware Critical Criteria:
Investigate Free hardware failures and raise human resource and employment practices for Free hardware.
– For your 3D Printing project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
Additive manufacturing Critical Criteria:
Extrapolate Additive manufacturing tactics and oversee Additive manufacturing management by competencies.
– In what ways are 3D Printing vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of 3D Printing moving forward?
Regenerative medicine Critical Criteria:
Judge Regenerative medicine engagements and plan concise Regenerative medicine education.
– Who sets the 3D Printing standards?
Pneumatic tube Critical Criteria:
Communicate about Pneumatic tube strategies and secure Pneumatic tube creativity.
– Which customers cant participate in our 3D Printing domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– Think about the functions involved in your 3D Printing project. what processes flow from these functions?
– How would one define 3D Printing leadership?
Quantum machine Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over Quantum machine results and stake your claim.
– Is 3D Printing Required?
Mental model Critical Criteria:
Sort Mental model decisions and get the big picture.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these 3D Printing processes?
– How do mission and objectives affect the 3D Printing processes of our organization?
– Why is it so hard to develop a mental model of facebooks information architecture?
Radio-frequency identification Critical Criteria:
Troubleshoot Radio-frequency identification leadership and spearhead techniques for implementing Radio-frequency identification.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for 3D Printing strengthening and reform actually originate?
– Are we Assessing 3D Printing and Risk?
Fused deposition modeling Critical Criteria:
Canvass Fused deposition modeling visions and triple focus on important concepts of Fused deposition modeling relationship management.
– Think about the people you identified for your 3D Printing project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– How important is 3D Printing to the user organizations mission?
– What about 3D Printing Analysis of results?
3D selfie Critical Criteria:
Facilitate 3D selfie tactics and innovate what needs to be done with 3D selfie.
– How do we ensure that implementations of 3D Printing products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as 3D Printing leaders?
Social Science Research Network Critical Criteria:
Give examples of Social Science Research Network governance and raise human resource and employment practices for Social Science Research Network.
– What are the record-keeping requirements of 3D Printing activities?
Open-source labs Critical Criteria:
Review Open-source labs planning and revise understanding of Open-source labs architectures.
– Among the 3D Printing product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– What is the purpose of 3D Printing in relation to the mission?
– Who will provide the final approval of 3D Printing deliverables?
Plasma weapon Critical Criteria:
Refer to Plasma weapon engagements and get the big picture.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding 3D Printing?
Photostat machine Critical Criteria:
Start Photostat machine adoptions and develop and take control of the Photostat machine initiative.
– How will you know that the 3D Printing project has been successful?
– Are there 3D Printing Models?
Gun control Critical Criteria:
Canvass Gun control leadership and oversee Gun control requirements.
– In the case of a 3D Printing project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a 3D Printing project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any 3D Printing project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
Ground effect train Critical Criteria:
Align Ground effect train visions and arbitrate Ground effect train techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective 3D Printing leader?
Plasma propulsion engine Critical Criteria:
Add value to Plasma propulsion engine issues and find out what it really means.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a 3D Printing process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the 3D Printing process available?
Multi-function structure Critical Criteria:
Devise Multi-function structure results and pay attention to the small things.
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your 3D Printing activities?
Programmable matter Critical Criteria:
Probe Programmable matter results and adopt an insight outlook.
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its 3D Printing processes?
Outline of transport Critical Criteria:
Communicate about Outline of transport decisions and create Outline of transport explanations for all managers.
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate 3D Printing delivery for example is new software needed?
– How do we Identify specific 3D Printing investment and emerging trends?
3D Manufacturing Format Critical Criteria:
Talk about 3D Manufacturing Format leadership and differentiate in coordinating 3D Manufacturing Format.
Selective laser sintering Critical Criteria:
Deduce Selective laser sintering goals and give examples utilizing a core of simple Selective laser sintering skills.
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing 3D Printing? There might be some that are less obvious?
– Do 3D Printing rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
Personalized medicine Critical Criteria:
Pay attention to Personalized medicine risks and stake your claim.
Optical rectenna Critical Criteria:
Demonstrate Optical rectenna goals and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive Optical rectenna decisions.
Helicon double-layer thruster Critical Criteria:
Detail Helicon double-layer thruster risks and reduce Helicon double-layer thruster costs.
– Do we have past 3D Printing Successes?
Computer-aided design Critical Criteria:
X-ray Computer-aided design risks and look for lots of ideas.
Binder material Critical Criteria:
Differentiate Binder material leadership and document what potential Binder material megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
Quantum metrology Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about Quantum metrology leadership and spearhead techniques for implementing Quantum metrology.
– Consider your own 3D Printing project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health Critical Criteria:
Value National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health governance and assess what counts with National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health that we are not counting.
Pulmonary fibrosis Critical Criteria:
Pilot Pulmonary fibrosis issues and devote time assessing Pulmonary fibrosis and its risk.
– Who will be responsible for documenting the 3D Printing requirements in detail?
Distributed manufacturing Critical Criteria:
Guard Distributed manufacturing risks and document what potential Distributed manufacturing megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
Airless tire Critical Criteria:
Closely inspect Airless tire projects and do something to it.
– What are the short and long-term 3D Printing goals?
Business Insider Critical Criteria:
Use past Business Insider outcomes and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Business Insider projects.
– Can we add value to the current 3D Printing decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that 3D Printing objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the 3D Printing Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
3D Printing External links:
Stratasys Direct Manufacturing – 3D Printing Service
27 Best Catchy 3D Printing Business Names – …
3D Printing Software | Simplify3D
Fusion power External links:
The fierce race for fusion power – YouTube
Fusion Power Boats – Official Site
Genetic engineering External links:
What is genetic engineering? | Facts | yourgenome.org
Genetic Engineering – The New York Times
Ferroelectric liquid crystal display External links:
Ferroelectric liquid crystal display – WOW.com
[PDF]Ferroelectric Liquid Crystal Display – Sharp Corporation
Metamaterial cloaking External links:
Metamaterial cloaking – WOW.com
Metamaterial cloaking – Revolvy
METAMATERIAL CLOAKING – YouTube
3D printing marketplace External links:
Fresh Prints 3D | 3D Printing Marketplace
3D Printing Marketplace | Pinshape
3D Printing Marketplace Pinshape Joins Formlabs | Formlabs
3D printer extruder External links:
Nema 17 Geared Stepper Motor Gear Ratio 5:1 3D Printer Extruder Motor DIY CNC Robotics – – Amazon.com
3D Printer Extruder | eBay
3D Printer Extruder Nozzle Clogged? Here Is How To Unclog It
Rotary printing press External links:
Drive for rotary printing press – YouTube
The Invention of the Rotary Printing Press – 170 Years Later
Certificates-Printing Offset Press,Rotary Printing Press
GE Aviation External links:
GE Aviation | General Electric
Home | GE Aviation
PubMed Central External links:
Need Images? Try PubMed Central | HSLS Update
PubMed Central (PMC) | NCBI Insights
PubMed Central | NIH Library
Quantum gate External links:
Tangerine Dream – Roll The Seven Twice (Quantum Gate …
Tangerine Dream – Quantum Gate Mp3 Album Download
Two-Qubit Silicon-Based Quantum Gate [image] | …
Antimatter weapon External links:
How destructive would an antimatter weapon be? – Quora
Antimatter weapon | Memory Alpha | FANDOM powered by …
RepRap project External links:
Sep 21, 2016 · Download The RepRap Project for free. This repository is now frozen. The latest version of the RepRap project can be found at https://github.com/reprap.
Hangprinter – RepRap Project Public Group | Facebook
Mind uploading External links:
Mind uploading – Page 3 – Digital Minds
Mind uploading – Digital Minds
The Singularity Is Near: Mind Uploading by 2045?
Next generation of display technology External links:
Next generation of display technology – Revolvy
https://www.revolvy.com/topic/Next generation of display technology
Next generation of display technology – WOW.com
Hyponymy and hypernymy External links:
Hyponymy and hypernymy – YouTube
Agricultural robot External links:
Thorvald – NMBU Agricultural Robot – YouTube
Agricultural Robot Project | NevonProjects
Accelerating change External links:
Asian Women Leadership Summit 2018 | Accelerating Change
[PDF]ACCELERATING CHANGE – Virb
Accelerating change | III
Applications of 3D printing External links:
Home | Medical Applications of 3D Printing
Limbitless Solutions External links:
Medical Innovations – Limbitless Solutions – YouTube
Limbitless Solutions – Home | Facebook
About Us – Limbitless Solutions
Space launch External links:
Space Launch System | NASA
Space Launch System Gallery – boeing.com
NOGLAS SPACE LAUNCH – Mini Golf Funny Moments (Golf …
Design for additive manufacturing External links:
[PDF]Design for Additive Manufacturing – NDSU
[PDF]Design for Additive Manufacturing – naefrontiers
[PDF]Design for Additive Manufacturing
General-purpose computing on graphics processing units External links:
General-purpose computing on graphics processing units
Free hardware External links:
Sailing with free hardware | Sailoog
IGEL Free Hardware Evaluation Unit
SketchUp Free Hardware Requirements | SketchUp …
Additive manufacturing External links:
Additive Manufacturing Machines & Materials | GE Additive
The Nordic Additive Manufacturing Show – 3D Printing Live
Regenerative medicine External links:
Wake Forest Institute for Regenerative Medicine – Official …
Bluetail Medical Group – Regenerative Medicine Experts
Home – Kansas Regenerative Medicine
Pneumatic tube External links:
St James’s Hospital Pneumatic Tube System – YouTube
Pneumatic Tube System – Zip Tubes Pneumatic Tube …
Quantum machine External links:
Quantum Machine Learning – YouTube
[ML][1611.09347] Quantum Machine Learning – arXiv
Awesome Quantum Machine Learning – GitHub
Mental model External links:
What is MENTAL MODEL? What does MENTAL MODEL …
Fused deposition modeling External links:
Fused Deposition Modeling – Xometry
Fused Deposition Modeling: Most Common 3D Printing …
3D Printing – Fused Deposition Modeling – MM-FDM | GoProto
3D selfie External links:
Remix 3D – 3D Selfie Stick 03
[PDF]3D Selfie for Game Avatar – CVG @ ETHZ
How do I create a 3D Selfie? | ReconstructMe
Social Science Research Network External links:
[PDF]SOCIAL SCIENCE RESEARCH NETWORK
social science research network | The Stem Cellar
Social Science Research Network | USC Libraries
Open-source labs External links:
[PDF]Virtual Open-Source Labs for Web Security Education
Photostat machine External links:
Photostat Machine – Home | Facebook
Gun control External links:
Guns and Gun Control – The New York Times
Miculek – Leaders in Gun Control
Ground effect train External links:
Halfbakery: Ground Effect Train
Ground effect train at DuckDuckGo
Japan WIG train – Ground Effect Train – YouTube
Plasma propulsion engine External links:
Plasma propulsion engine – Video Learning – WizScience.com
A Medley of Potpourri: Plasma propulsion engine
Plasma Propulsion Engine by Simon Buser on Prezi
Programmable matter External links:
Create Anything You Want With Programmable Matter – …
Programmable matter | MIT News
Universal coating for programmable matter – ScienceDirect
3D Manufacturing Format External links:
#3DBenchy as 3D Manufacturing Format – #3DBenchy
[PDF]3D Manufacturing Format – 3mf.io
Selective laser sintering External links:
Selective Laser Sintering – SLS – Robust Plastic Parts
Selective Laser Sintering (SLS) | Services
Nylon FR-106 – Selective Laser Sintering (SLS)
Personalized medicine External links:
http://Personalized medicine is a medical model that separates patients into different groups-with medical decisions, practices, interventions and/or products being tailored to the individual patient based on their predicted response or risk of disease.
Integrative Medicine Cincinnati | Huber Personalized Medicine
Pharmacogenomics and Personalized Medicine | NorthShore
Optical rectenna External links:
First Optical Rectenna Converts Light to DC Current – YouTube
Helicon double-layer thruster External links:
Helicon double-layer thruster – YouTube
Computer-aided design External links:
Computer-aided design is the use of computer systems to assist in the creation, modification, analysis, or optimization of a design. CAD software is used to increase the productivity of the designer, improve the quality of design, improve communications through documentation, and to create a database for manufacturing.
CAD Software | 2D And 3D Computer-Aided Design | Autodesk
Binder material External links:
Mold binder material – Hitachi, Ltd. – Free Patents Online
Quantum metrology External links:
Quantum metrology and its application in biology
[PDF]Quantum metrology: An information-theoretic perspective
[PDF]Entanglement in fermion systems and quantum metrology
Pulmonary fibrosis External links:
About PF | Pulmonary Fibrosis Foundation
Distributed manufacturing External links:
3D Printing | Distributed Manufacturing Program | SAP and UPS
Airless tire External links:
Non Pneumatic Tire – Airless Tire – YouTube
IS THIS REVOLUTIONARY AIRLESS TIRE FINALLY …
Hankook develops an airless tire — again | Autoweek
Business Insider External links:
News – Business Insider Nordic
Business Insider (businessinsider) on Pinterest
Business Insider Australia – Official Site