What is involved in sell side
Find out what the related areas are that sell side connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a sell side thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its sell side journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward sell side leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which sell side related domains to cover and 123 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
sell side, Security exchange, Market value added, Stock valuation, Drag-along right, Management due diligence, Pension fund, Pitch book, Associate company, Public offering, Exchangeable bond, Proxy fight, Preferred stock, Super-majority amendment, Subordinated debt, Buy side, Free cash flow, Pure play, Economic Value Added, Financial modeling, Mezzanine capital, Terminal value, Sum-of-the-parts analysis, Seasoned equity offering, New York Attorney General, Private equity, Debt restructuring, Minority interest, Special-purpose entity, Corporate spin-off, Rights issue, High-yield debt, Reverse greenshoe, Capital structure, Financial services, Leveraged buyout, Follow-on offering, Corporate finance, Equity carve-out, At-the-market offering, Initial public offering, High-net-worth individuals, Real options valuation, Outline of finance, Research analyst, Minority discount, Mergers and acquisitions, Shareholder loan, Secondary market offering, Enterprise value, Conglomerate discount, Pari passu, Residual income valuation, Managerial entrenchment, Accretion/dilution analysis, Business valuation, Tender offer, Staggered board of directors, Valuation using multiples, sell side, Fairness opinion, Tag-along right, Cost of capital, Control premium, Weighted average cost of capital, Project finance, Reverse takeover, Private placement, Modigliani–Miller theorem:
sell side Critical Criteria:
Coach on sell side quality and figure out ways to motivate other sell side users.
– What are the key elements of your sell side performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– What are the Key enablers to make this sell side move?
Security exchange Critical Criteria:
Consider Security exchange risks and cater for concise Security exchange education.
– In the case of a sell side project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a sell side project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any sell side project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of sell side product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– What will drive sell side change?
Market value added Critical Criteria:
Detail Market value added projects and drive action.
– What are our best practices for minimizing sell side project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the sell side project lifecycle?
– Which sell side goals are the most important?
– Does sell side appropriately measure and monitor risk?
Stock valuation Critical Criteria:
Reason over Stock valuation visions and look for lots of ideas.
– What is the source of the strategies for sell side strengthening and reform?
– What is our formula for success in sell side ?
– Are there recognized sell side problems?
Drag-along right Critical Criteria:
Merge Drag-along right engagements and be persistent.
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom sell side project?
– How can we improve sell side?
Management due diligence Critical Criteria:
Study Management due diligence tasks and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Management due diligence results.
– What are your most important goals for the strategic sell side objectives?
– Is sell side Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
– How can the value of sell side be defined?
Pension fund Critical Criteria:
Study Pension fund issues and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging Pension fund.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these sell side processes?
– Is there any existing sell side governance structure?
– Do we all define sell side in the same way?
Pitch book Critical Criteria:
Model after Pitch book tactics and create a map for yourself.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether sell side goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– Have all basic functions of sell side been defined?
– Is the scope of sell side defined?
Associate company Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Associate company governance and finalize the present value of growth of Associate company.
– What about sell side Analysis of results?
Public offering Critical Criteria:
Boost Public offering quality and point out improvements in Public offering.
– How likely is the current sell side plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– Do we have past sell side Successes?
Exchangeable bond Critical Criteria:
Consolidate Exchangeable bond planning and describe the risks of Exchangeable bond sustainability.
– Is sell side dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– What are the Essentials of Internal sell side Management?
– How do we maintain sell sides Integrity?
Proxy fight Critical Criteria:
Align Proxy fight issues and learn.
– What is the purpose of sell side in relation to the mission?
– How would one define sell side leadership?
Preferred stock Critical Criteria:
Pay attention to Preferred stock leadership and tour deciding if Preferred stock progress is made.
– How do mission and objectives affect the sell side processes of our organization?
– How do we know that any sell side analysis is complete and comprehensive?
Super-majority amendment Critical Criteria:
Scan Super-majority amendment tasks and budget for Super-majority amendment challenges.
– For your sell side project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– Is the sell side organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– How do we keep improving sell side?
Subordinated debt Critical Criteria:
Facilitate Subordinated debt management and point out improvements in Subordinated debt.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect sell side workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our sell side agendas for the next 3 years?
Buy side Critical Criteria:
Familiarize yourself with Buy side adoptions and find the essential reading for Buy side researchers.
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its sell side processes?
Free cash flow Critical Criteria:
Infer Free cash flow failures and explain and analyze the challenges of Free cash flow.
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate sell side delivery for example is new software needed?
– How to deal with sell side Changes?
Pure play Critical Criteria:
Use past Pure play leadership and finalize specific methods for Pure play acceptance.
– What are the short and long-term sell side goals?
Economic Value Added Critical Criteria:
Deliberate over Economic Value Added leadership and improve Economic Value Added service perception.
Financial modeling Critical Criteria:
Drive Financial modeling risks and raise human resource and employment practices for Financial modeling.
– What are our needs in relation to sell side skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– What potential environmental factors impact the sell side effort?
– Is a sell side Team Work effort in place?
Mezzanine capital Critical Criteria:
Be responsible for Mezzanine capital goals and perfect Mezzanine capital conflict management.
– What are the disruptive sell side technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing sell side?
Terminal value Critical Criteria:
Judge Terminal value outcomes and define Terminal value competency-based leadership.
– How do your measurements capture actionable sell side information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
Sum-of-the-parts analysis Critical Criteria:
Understand Sum-of-the-parts analysis engagements and perfect Sum-of-the-parts analysis conflict management.
– Among the sell side product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– In what ways are sell side vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– How important is sell side to the user organizations mission?
Seasoned equity offering Critical Criteria:
Examine Seasoned equity offering projects and innovate what needs to be done with Seasoned equity offering.
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as sell side leaders?
– Is Supporting sell side documentation required?
New York Attorney General Critical Criteria:
Think about New York Attorney General planning and customize techniques for implementing New York Attorney General controls.
– In a project to restructure sell side outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a sell side project?
Private equity Critical Criteria:
Review Private equity management and get out your magnifying glass.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once sell side is underway?
Debt restructuring Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over Debt restructuring leadership and get out your magnifying glass.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new sell side in a volatile global economy?
– How do we go about Comparing sell side approaches/solutions?
Minority interest Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about Minority interest outcomes and research ways can we become the Minority interest company that would put us out of business.
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in sell side?
– What business benefits will sell side goals deliver if achieved?
Special-purpose entity Critical Criteria:
Shape Special-purpose entity engagements and adopt an insight outlook.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to sell side? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations sell side values?
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a sell side project?
Corporate spin-off Critical Criteria:
Systematize Corporate spin-off outcomes and overcome Corporate spin-off skills and management ineffectiveness.
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to sell side?
Rights issue Critical Criteria:
Ventilate your thoughts about Rights issue visions and arbitrate Rights issue techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective sell side leader?
– Do the sell side decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
High-yield debt Critical Criteria:
Detail High-yield debt issues and achieve a single High-yield debt view and bringing data together.
– Meeting the challenge: are missed sell side opportunities costing us money?
– Do sell side rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
Reverse greenshoe Critical Criteria:
Exchange ideas about Reverse greenshoe outcomes and find out what it really means.
– What are our sell side Processes?
Capital structure Critical Criteria:
Air ideas re Capital structure adoptions and correct Capital structure management by competencies.
– what is the best design framework for sell side organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– Do you contemplate any change in your capital structure or any substantial increase or decrease in equity capital?
– What percentage of the firms capital structure is debt?
– Are there sell side problems defined?
Financial services Critical Criteria:
Co-operate on Financial services tasks and reduce Financial services costs.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your sell side project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– Will sell side deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
Leveraged buyout Critical Criteria:
Collaborate on Leveraged buyout management and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Leveraged buyout.
Follow-on offering Critical Criteria:
Meet over Follow-on offering governance and assess and formulate effective operational and Follow-on offering strategies.
– Do we monitor the sell side decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
Corporate finance Critical Criteria:
Add value to Corporate finance decisions and customize techniques for implementing Corporate finance controls.
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of sell side?
– Are accountability and ownership for sell side clearly defined?
– Does our organization need more sell side education?
Equity carve-out Critical Criteria:
Devise Equity carve-out management and mentor Equity carve-out customer orientation.
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of sell side moving forward?
At-the-market offering Critical Criteria:
Inquire about At-the-market offering tasks and track iterative At-the-market offering results.
– Who needs to know about sell side ?
– Why are sell side skills important?
Initial public offering Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on Initial public offering management and plan concise Initial public offering education.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this sell side process?
– Which customers cant participate in our sell side domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– How can you measure sell side in a systematic way?
High-net-worth individuals Critical Criteria:
Reorganize High-net-worth individuals tasks and assess what counts with High-net-worth individuals that we are not counting.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding sell side?
– How do we ensure that implementations of sell side products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– What are the barriers to increased sell side production?
Real options valuation Critical Criteria:
Own Real options valuation adoptions and ask questions.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent sell side services/products?
Outline of finance Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Outline of finance management and explain and analyze the challenges of Outline of finance.
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your sell side activities?
Research analyst Critical Criteria:
Analyze Research analyst tasks and create Research analyst explanations for all managers.
– Think of your sell side project. what are the main functions?
Minority discount Critical Criteria:
Adapt Minority discount quality and proactively manage Minority discount risks.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your sell side processes?
– What are specific sell side Rules to follow?
– Why should we adopt a sell side framework?
Mergers and acquisitions Critical Criteria:
Reason over Mergers and acquisitions decisions and define Mergers and acquisitions competency-based leadership.
– Will sell side have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
Shareholder loan Critical Criteria:
Cut a stake in Shareholder loan projects and secure Shareholder loan creativity.
Secondary market offering Critical Criteria:
Talk about Secondary market offering engagements and catalog what business benefits will Secondary market offering goals deliver if achieved.
– Does sell side include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your sell side strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once sell side is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
Enterprise value Critical Criteria:
Unify Enterprise value adoptions and look for lots of ideas.
– Consider your own sell side project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
Conglomerate discount Critical Criteria:
Refer to Conglomerate discount quality and reduce Conglomerate discount costs.
Pari passu Critical Criteria:
Inquire about Pari passu tasks and catalog Pari passu activities.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a sell side strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
Residual income valuation Critical Criteria:
Reorganize Residual income valuation results and integrate design thinking in Residual income valuation innovation.
– How do we Improve sell side service perception, and satisfaction?
Managerial entrenchment Critical Criteria:
Understand Managerial entrenchment governance and figure out ways to motivate other Managerial entrenchment users.
– Have the types of risks that may impact sell side been identified and analyzed?
Accretion/dilution analysis Critical Criteria:
Adapt Accretion/dilution analysis issues and frame using storytelling to create more compelling Accretion/dilution analysis projects.
Business valuation Critical Criteria:
Chat re Business valuation engagements and define what do we need to start doing with Business valuation.
– What sources do you use to gather information for a sell side study?
Tender offer Critical Criteria:
Grasp Tender offer projects and oversee implementation of Tender offer.
Staggered board of directors Critical Criteria:
Learn from Staggered board of directors projects and sort Staggered board of directors activities.
Valuation using multiples Critical Criteria:
Graph Valuation using multiples strategies and integrate design thinking in Valuation using multiples innovation.
– Think about the functions involved in your sell side project. what processes flow from these functions?
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting sell side with what users do day-to-day?
sell side Critical Criteria:
Frame sell side quality and adopt an insight outlook.
Fairness opinion Critical Criteria:
Graph Fairness opinion strategies and cater for concise Fairness opinion education.
– What threat is sell side addressing?
Tag-along right Critical Criteria:
Grade Tag-along right issues and get going.
Cost of capital Critical Criteria:
Examine Cost of capital issues and pay attention to the small things.
Control premium Critical Criteria:
Closely inspect Control premium engagements and do something to it.
Weighted average cost of capital Critical Criteria:
Categorize Weighted average cost of capital issues and secure Weighted average cost of capital creativity.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of sell side into the services that we provide?
Project finance Critical Criteria:
Derive from Project finance issues and correct better engagement with Project finance results.
Reverse takeover Critical Criteria:
Examine Reverse takeover tactics and pioneer acquisition of Reverse takeover systems.
Private placement Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about Private placement governance and learn.
Modigliani–Miller theorem Critical Criteria:
Infer Modigliani–Miller theorem risks and shift your focus.
– How do we manage sell side Knowledge Management (KM)?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the sell side Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Security exchange External links:
Security Exchange Theory – Academic Commons
Market value added External links:
Market value added — AccountingTools
Market Value Added – MVA Definition – Investopedia
Stock valuation External links:
CH. 7 Stock Valuation Flashcards | Quizlet
Drag-along right External links:
What is Drag-along Right? definition and meaning
Drag-Along Rights Definition | Investopedia
Management due diligence External links:
What Is Management Due Diligence? (with pictures)
Management Due Diligence – Four Groups
Pension fund External links:
[PDF]felra & ufcw Pension fund – Associated-Admin.com
[PDF]United Nations Joint Staff Pension Fund – Human …
Associate company External links:
What is ASSOCIATE COMPANY – Black’s Law Dictionary
Public offering External links:
Initial Public Offering: CNBC Explains
What is Initial Public Offering? definition and meaning
Initial Public Offerings – The New York Times
Exchangeable bond External links:
What is Exchangeable Bond? definition and meaning
Proxy fight External links:
Shutterfly Faces Proxy Fight – WSJ
Preferred stock External links:
What is the difference between preferred stock and …
Buy side External links:
Buy Side Mount Drapery Rod from Bed Bath & Beyond
The Leading Buy Side Native Platform – Bidtellect
Equities Leaders Summit USA 2017 | Buy Side Equity …
Free cash flow External links:
What Is Free Cash Flow? — The Motley Fool
Pure play External links:
Pure play asset management
Economic Value Added External links:
Economic Value Added – EVA – Investopedia
EVA – Economic Value Added
What Is Economic Value Added? | Inc.com
Financial modeling External links:
Free Financial Modeling | ASimpleModel.com
Corporate Finance Institute – Financial modeling …
Financial Modeling – Sharper Insight. Smarter Investing.
Mezzanine capital External links:
PNC Mezzanine Capital – Team
PNC Mezzanine Capital – Home
Mezzanine Capital FAQ – Peninsula Capital Partners LLC
Terminal value External links:
Terminal Value Flashcards | Quizlet
Terminal Value (TV) – Investopedia
Terminal Value Calculations – Financial modelling …
Sum-of-the-parts analysis External links:
CreditSights – Valeant: Sum-of-the-Parts Analysis
Sum-of-the-Parts Analysis – Macabacus
Seasoned equity offering External links:
Fundamentals, Market Timing, and Seasoned Equity Offerings
Private equity External links:
Sumeru Equity | Technology-focused Private Equity Firm
Charlesbank | middle-market private equity leaders
Home | Post Oak Energy Capital – Private Equity
Debt restructuring External links:
http://Debt restructuring often occurs when a person or company has taken on too much debt and is in danger of bankruptcy. Debt restructuring is beneficial to the person or company requesting it because it often results in a significant discount and/or a more flexible repayment schedule.
Minority interest External links:
Texas PUC Resistant to NextEra’s Minority Interest in Oncor
What is minority interest – Answers.com
Structuring Minority Interest Acquisitions With a Step …
Special-purpose entity External links:
http://A special purpose entity (SPE; or, in Europe and India, special purpose vehicle/SPV, or, in some cases in each EU jurisdiction – FVC financial vehicle corporation) is a legal entity (usually a limited company of some type or, sometimes, a limited partnership) created to fulfill narrow, specific or temporary objectives. SPEs are typically used by companies to isolate the firm from financial risk.
Rights issue External links:
What is RIGHTS ISSUE – Black’s Law Dictionary
The voting rights issue at the center of the Virginia election
Reverse greenshoe External links:
Reverse Greenshoe Option – Investopedia
Capital structure External links:
Capital structure (eBook, 2007) [WorldCat.org]
[PDF]Capital Structure Decisions – Georgia State University
Capital Structure – Investopedia
Financial services External links:
Lexus Financial Services
Citizens Business Bank – A Financial Services Company
Wealth Management and Financial Services from Merrill Lynch
Leveraged buyout External links:
Leveraged Buyout – LBO – Investopedia
Follow-on offering External links:
Follow-On Offering – Investopedia
Corporate finance External links:
Corporate finance (Book, 2010) [WorldCat.org]
Corporate finance (Book, 2013) [WorldCat.org]
Corporate Finance Job Titles: What Do They Actually Mean?
Equity carve-out External links:
Equity carve-out financial definition of equity carve-out
High-net-worth individuals External links:
White Plains Divorce Lawyers for High-Net-Worth Individuals
Real options valuation External links:
Real Options Valuation, Inc. – Home | Facebook
Books list – Real Options Valuation – rovusa.com
[PDF]Real Options Valuation of US Federal Renewable …
Research analyst External links:
Research Analyst Jobs – Monster.com
Research Analyst | World Resources Institute
Title Market Research Analyst Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Minority discount External links:
Why do we take a Minority Discount? – abasf.com
What is a Minority Discount? – Definition from Divestopedia
Mergers and acquisitions External links:
“The Sopranos” Mergers and Acquisitions (TV Episode …
Mergers and acquisitions (Book, 2012) [WorldCat.org]
Mergers and Acquisitions | Kramer Levin
Shareholder loan External links:
Shareholder Loans and Your Private Corporation
[PDF]SHAREHOLDER LOANS MADE SIMPLE
What is SHAREHOLDER LOAN – Black’s Law Dictionary
Enterprise value External links:
Enterprise Value (Old) Flashcards | Quizlet
Enterprise Value (EV) – Investopedia
Conglomerate discount External links:
Conglomerate Discount – Investopedia
Pari passu External links:
What is Meant by Pari Passu? – Shareholders Portal
pari passu clause – Investopedia
Pari Passu | American Legal Encyclopedia
Residual income valuation External links:
Residual Income Valuation Flashcards | Quizlet
Residual Income Valuation Flashcards | Quizlet
Managerial entrenchment External links:
“Managerial Entrenchment and Shareholder Wealth …
[PDF]Managerial Entrenchment and the Choice of debt …
Accretion/dilution analysis External links:
http://Accretion/dilution analysis is a type of M&A financial modelling performed in the pre-deal phase to evaluate the effect of the transaction on shareholder value and to check whether EPS for buying shareholders will increase or decrease post-deal.
Business valuation External links:
[PDF]BUSINESS VALUATION REPORT SUBJECT …
Business Valuation – AbeBooks
The largest provider of online business valuation | BizEquity
Tender offer External links:
Tender offer (Book, 1989) [WorldCat.org]
SEC.gov | Tender Offer
Tender Offer Essays – ManyEssays.com
Staggered board of directors External links:
staggered board of directors – Vocabulary.com
https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/staggered board of directors
Valuation using multiples External links:
[PDF]Equity Valuation Using Multiples Jing Liu Doron …
Valuation using Multiples – YouTube
Fairness opinion External links:
Fairness Opinion – Investopedia
Tag-along right External links:
Tag-Along Right financial definition of Tag-Along Right
Tag-Along Right Archives – Strictly Business
Cost of capital External links:
[PDF]The Cost of Capital in Canada, the United States, and …
Cost of Capital (TV Series 2012– ) – IMDb
Weighted Average Cost Of Capital – WACC – Investopedia
Control premium External links:
Warmly Yours Snow and Ice Melting Control Premium – …
Weighted average cost of capital External links:
[PDF]WEIGHTED AVERAGE COST OF CAPITAL – …
Weighted Average Cost Of Capital – WACC – Investopedia
[PDF]The Weighted Average Cost of Capital
Project finance External links:
[PDF]Project Finance Primer for Renewable Energy and …
Project Finance – Investopedia
Title Project Finance Manager Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Reverse takeover External links:
Reverse Takeover – RTO – Investopedia
Private placement External links:
PPM – Private Placement Memorandum
Home – Private Placement Memorandum
Reg. D Private Placement – Capital Investment Marketing, Inc.