What is involved in Interactive Voice Response
Find out what the related areas are that Interactive Voice Response connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Interactive Voice Response thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Interactive Voice Response journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Interactive Voice Response leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Interactive Voice Response related domains to cover and 121 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Interactive Voice Response, Application server, Application service provider, Automated attendant, Automatic call distributor, Automatic number identification, Big Brother, Call Whisper, Call avoidance, Call center, Call gapping, Caller ID, Caller line identification, Central processing unit, Clinical trial, Computer telephony integration, Contract research organization, Customer engagement, Dialog system, Dual-tone multi-frequency, Dual-tone multi-frequency signaling, Electronic patient-reported outcome, Instant messaging, Multimodal interaction, Pop Idol, Predictive dialer, Screen pop, Session initiation protocol, Speech recognition, Speech synthesis, Springer Science+Business Media, Telephone banking, Telephone keypad, The Voder, Voice-based marketing automation, Voice User Interface, Voice mail, Voice portal, Web server, Web services, World Wide Web:
Interactive Voice Response Critical Criteria:
Exchange ideas about Interactive Voice Response quality and grade techniques for implementing Interactive Voice Response controls.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Interactive Voice Response? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– Can we add value to the current Interactive Voice Response decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– Is Interactive Voice Response dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
Application server Critical Criteria:
Be clear about Application server quality and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging Application server.
– Is maximizing Interactive Voice Response protection the same as minimizing Interactive Voice Response loss?
– Does Interactive Voice Response appropriately measure and monitor risk?
– Are there recognized Interactive Voice Response problems?
Application service provider Critical Criteria:
Scan Application service provider tasks and optimize Application service provider leadership as a key to advancement.
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Interactive Voice Response project?
– How do we manage Interactive Voice Response Knowledge Management (KM)?
– Are assumptions made in Interactive Voice Response stated explicitly?
Automated attendant Critical Criteria:
Test Automated attendant decisions and learn.
– What are the disruptive Interactive Voice Response technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– Among the Interactive Voice Response product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– Does Interactive Voice Response analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
Automatic call distributor Critical Criteria:
Add value to Automatic call distributor goals and explain and analyze the challenges of Automatic call distributor.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Interactive Voice Response project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– How much does Interactive Voice Response help?
Automatic number identification Critical Criteria:
Reason over Automatic number identification risks and create a map for yourself.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Interactive Voice Response strengthening and reform actually originate?
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Interactive Voice Response with what users do day-to-day?
– Who needs to know about Interactive Voice Response ?
Big Brother Critical Criteria:
Audit Big Brother issues and point out improvements in Big Brother.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Interactive Voice Response is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Interactive Voice Response process?
– What is the total cost related to deploying Interactive Voice Response, including any consulting or professional services?
Call Whisper Critical Criteria:
Distinguish Call Whisper planning and transcribe Call Whisper as tomorrows backbone for success.
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Interactive Voice Response forward?
– Is there any existing Interactive Voice Response governance structure?
Call avoidance Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about Call avoidance adoptions and gather Call avoidance models .
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Interactive Voice Response services/products?
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Interactive Voice Response is underway?
– What are the business goals Interactive Voice Response is aiming to achieve?
Call center Critical Criteria:
Discuss Call center governance and tour deciding if Call center progress is made.
– What proportion of Customer Service calls chats could present day AI technology resolve without assistance in principle?
– Is there a Interactive Voice Response Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– What is the average supervisor to Customer Service representative ratio for a fixed route call center?
– How likely is the current Interactive Voice Response plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– To what extent does management recognize Interactive Voice Response as a tool to increase the results?
– What is the best virtual hosted PBX platform to use for our phone Customer Service team?
– What are good examples of us utilizing SMS as a Customer Service mechanism?
– Have you integrated your call center telephony to your crm application?
– What are the issues of scaling Twitter for Customer Service?
– What are the pros and cons of outsourcing Customer Service?
– How do companies apply social media to Customer Service?
– Is social media the solution to bad Customer Service?
– Is Twitter an effective Customer Service tool?
Call gapping Critical Criteria:
Depict Call gapping strategies and cater for concise Call gapping education.
– Do the Interactive Voice Response decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– What are current Interactive Voice Response Paradigms?
Caller ID Critical Criteria:
Inquire about Caller ID results and research ways can we become the Caller ID company that would put us out of business.
Caller line identification Critical Criteria:
Jump start Caller line identification projects and find answers.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Interactive Voice Response leader?
– How do we Identify specific Interactive Voice Response investment and emerging trends?
– What about Interactive Voice Response Analysis of results?
Central processing unit Critical Criteria:
Consolidate Central processing unit engagements and oversee Central processing unit management by competencies.
– Do we have past Interactive Voice Response Successes?
– How can we improve Interactive Voice Response?
Clinical trial Critical Criteria:
Look at Clinical trial projects and spearhead techniques for implementing Clinical trial.
– Does Interactive Voice Response analysis show the relationships among important Interactive Voice Response factors?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Interactive Voice Response activities?
Computer telephony integration Critical Criteria:
Investigate Computer telephony integration goals and test out new things.
– In the case of a Interactive Voice Response project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Interactive Voice Response project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Interactive Voice Response project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– Does Interactive Voice Response systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– What vendors make products that address the Interactive Voice Response needs?
Contract research organization Critical Criteria:
Model after Contract research organization planning and overcome Contract research organization skills and management ineffectiveness.
– How can skill-level changes improve Interactive Voice Response?
Customer engagement Critical Criteria:
Chart Customer engagement adoptions and tour deciding if Customer engagement progress is made.
– Does Interactive Voice Response include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Interactive Voice Response that make it risky?
– How can you measure Interactive Voice Response in a systematic way?
– Are virtual assistants the future of Customer Service?
Dialog system Critical Criteria:
Differentiate Dialog system adoptions and assess what counts with Dialog system that we are not counting.
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Interactive Voice Response objectives?
– Is Supporting Interactive Voice Response documentation required?
Dual-tone multi-frequency Critical Criteria:
Deliberate over Dual-tone multi-frequency failures and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Interactive Voice Response into the services that we provide?
Dual-tone multi-frequency signaling Critical Criteria:
Guard Dual-tone multi-frequency signaling goals and frame using storytelling to create more compelling Dual-tone multi-frequency signaling projects.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Interactive Voice Response project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Interactive Voice Response project lifecycle?
– Do we all define Interactive Voice Response in the same way?
Electronic patient-reported outcome Critical Criteria:
Start Electronic patient-reported outcome tasks and differentiate in coordinating Electronic patient-reported outcome.
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Interactive Voice Response? There might be some that are less obvious?
– What are all of our Interactive Voice Response domains and what do they do?
Instant messaging Critical Criteria:
Reconstruct Instant messaging results and catalog what business benefits will Instant messaging goals deliver if achieved.
– Are you looking for a vendor to provide instant messaging built into the solution so users of the system can instant message each other?
– Think of your Interactive Voice Response project. what are the main functions?
– What will drive Interactive Voice Response change?
Multimodal interaction Critical Criteria:
Distinguish Multimodal interaction outcomes and adopt an insight outlook.
– What are the Essentials of Internal Interactive Voice Response Management?
Pop Idol Critical Criteria:
Bootstrap Pop Idol tactics and forecast involvement of future Pop Idol projects in development.
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Interactive Voice Response study?
– Why is Interactive Voice Response important for you now?
Predictive dialer Critical Criteria:
Transcribe Predictive dialer governance and report on the economics of relationships managing Predictive dialer and constraints.
– How can the value of Interactive Voice Response be defined?
Screen pop Critical Criteria:
Frame Screen pop governance and correct better engagement with Screen pop results.
– In what ways are Interactive Voice Response vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Interactive Voice Response?
– Why are Interactive Voice Response skills important?
Session initiation protocol Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Session initiation protocol outcomes and look for lots of ideas.
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Interactive Voice Response processes?
– How to deal with Interactive Voice Response Changes?
Speech recognition Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Speech recognition management and correct better engagement with Speech recognition results.
– For your Interactive Voice Response project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Interactive Voice Response?
Speech synthesis Critical Criteria:
Drive Speech synthesis tasks and mentor Speech synthesis customer orientation.
– How do mission and objectives affect the Interactive Voice Response processes of our organization?
Springer Science+Business Media Critical Criteria:
Chart Springer Science+Business Media management and adjust implementation of Springer Science+Business Media.
– In a project to restructure Interactive Voice Response outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– How will you measure your Interactive Voice Response effectiveness?
Telephone banking Critical Criteria:
Infer Telephone banking strategies and know what your objective is.
– Do we monitor the Interactive Voice Response decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
Telephone keypad Critical Criteria:
Deliberate Telephone keypad results and correct better engagement with Telephone keypad results.
– How do we maintain Interactive Voice Responses Integrity?
The Voder Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about The Voder leadership and adjust implementation of The Voder.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Interactive Voice Response information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– How do we ensure that implementations of Interactive Voice Response products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– When a Interactive Voice Response manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
Voice-based marketing automation Critical Criteria:
Be responsible for Voice-based marketing automation issues and devote time assessing Voice-based marketing automation and its risk.
– How do we know that any Interactive Voice Response analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– How do we keep improving Interactive Voice Response?
Voice User Interface Critical Criteria:
Set goals for Voice User Interface strategies and track iterative Voice User Interface results.
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Interactive Voice Response process?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Interactive Voice Response moving forward?
– Have the types of risks that may impact Interactive Voice Response been identified and analyzed?
Voice mail Critical Criteria:
Extrapolate Voice mail tactics and innovate what needs to be done with Voice mail.
Voice portal Critical Criteria:
Facilitate Voice portal results and get going.
– Will Interactive Voice Response deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
Web server Critical Criteria:
Focus on Web server goals and perfect Web server conflict management.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Interactive Voice Response process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Interactive Voice Response process available?
– Are web servers located on a publicly reachable network segment separated from the internal network by a firewall (dmz)?
– Do we know what we have specified in continuity of operations plans and disaster recovery plans?
Web services Critical Criteria:
Wrangle Web services strategies and research ways can we become the Web services company that would put us out of business.
– Expose its policy engine via web services for use by third-party systems (e.g. provisioning, help desk solutions)?
– How does this standard provide users the ability to access applications and services through web services?
– What is the purpose of Interactive Voice Response in relation to the mission?
– What is the best strategy going forward for data center disaster recovery?
– Amazon web services is which type of cloud computing distribution model?
– How do we Lead with Interactive Voice Response in Mind?
World Wide Web Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on World Wide Web strategies and stake your claim.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Interactive Voice Response models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– Are we Assessing Interactive Voice Response and Risk?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Interactive Voice Response Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Interactive Voice Response External links:
Interactive Voice Response (IVR) – Noridian
Part B Interactive Voice Response System – CGS Medicare
Application server External links:
Application Server Definition – service-architecture.com
Oracle Application Server – Welcome
Application Server Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Application service provider External links:
Transcription application service provider (TASP)
Application Service Providers | Global Capacity
Online Transcription Application Service Provider (TASP)
Automated attendant External links:
http://In telephony, an automated attendant (also auto attendant, auto-attendant, autoattendant or AA, or virtual receptionist) allows callers to be automatically transferred to an extension without the intervention of an operator/receptionist). Many AAs will also offer a simple menu system (“for sales, press 1, for service, press 2,” etc.).
Automated Attendant | North Dakota ITD
Automatic call distributor External links:
Cloud Automatic Call Distributor (ACD)| Spoken
What is Automatic Call Distributor (ACD)? – Dialogic
Automatic Call Distributor and UCD Call Distribution
Automatic number identification External links:
ANI (Automatic Number Identification) – Tech-FAQ
p-ANI Pseudo Automatic Number Identification
Big Brother External links:
Big Brother Network (@bigbrothernet) | Twitter
Big Brother – Official Site
Call Whisper External links:
eReceptionist – Call Whisper, who’s calling and why
Call Screen and Call Announce/Call Whisper – All Call Tech
PRANK CALL WHISPER CHALLENGE // W HENSUGUSTA – youtube.com
Call avoidance External links:
Webinar: Call avoidance through better service – YouTube
Call center External links:
[PDF]The Roles and Responsibilities of a Call Center Staff
20 Best Call Center Title jobs (Hiring Now!) | Simply Hired
Title Call Center Representative Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Caller ID External links:
Sync.ME – Caller ID & Phone Number Search
Free Caller ID Spoofing – Free Call Spoof – SpoofTel
Caller line identification External links:
Caller Line Identification | Telephone | Computer …
Caller Line Identification (CLI) – Dialog
Mauritius Telecom – Caller Line Identification
Central processing unit External links:
Central Processing Unit (CPU) Flashcards | Quizlet
Central processing unit
http://A central processing unit (CPU) is the electronic circuitry within a computer that carries out the instructions of a computer program by performing the basic arithmetic, logical, control and input/output (I/O) operations specified by the instructions. The term has been used in the computer industry at least since the early 1960s.
central processing unit (CPU) Flashcards | Quizlet
Clinical trial External links:
Clinical Trial Logistics | MARKEN
Clinical Trial Finder | Pancreatic Cancer Action Network
myClin – Clinical Trial Knowledge Platform
Computer telephony integration External links:
What is CTI (Computer Telephony Integration)? – RingDNA
CTI Screen Pop | Computer Telephony Integration | Five9
CloudCall – Computer Telephony Integration (CTI) for CRM
Contract research organization External links:
Contract Research Organization – DaVita Clinical Research
SNBL USA Contract Research Organization – Official Site
Contract Research Organization – CRO | Worldwide …
Customer engagement External links:
Signal – Customer Engagement Marketing | Identity …
http://Customer engagement (CE) is an effect, a reaction, a connection, a response and/or an experience of customers with one another, with a company or a brand. The initiative for engagement can be either consumer-or company-led and the medium of engagement can be on or offline.
Customer Engagement & Speech Analytics | CallMiner
Dialog system External links:
CiteSeerX — Machine Dialog System
Dialog system – Object Technology Licensing Corporation
Ply — Amazing layer/modal/dialog system. Wow!
Dual-tone multi-frequency External links:
Dual-tone multi-frequency – PhonePower Knowledge Base
DTMF (Dual-Tone Multi-Frequency) – Media College
Electronic patient-reported outcome External links:
Electronic patient-reported outcomes from home in …
Electronic Patient-Reported Outcomes in Clinical …
Instant messaging External links:
ICE Instant Messaging
CME Pivot Instant Messaging Platform – CME Group
Business Instant Messaging Software | LivePerson
Multimodal interaction External links:
Multimodal interaction in practice – Google+
W3C Multimodal Interaction Working Group
Predictive dialer External links:
Hosted Dialer | HubDialer – Virtual Predictive Dialer
Predictive Dialer | IVR | Cloud-Based Dialing Plaform
Preview Dialer & Predictive Dialer Features – CallTools.com
Screen pop External links:
What is Screen Pop? | Talkdesk
Screen pop functionality . Agent Desktop and …
Buy Dragonpad USA Pop filter Studio Microphone Mic Wind Screen Pop Filter: Musical Instruments – Amazon.com FREE DELIVERY possible on eligible purchases
Session initiation protocol External links:
SIP Trunking | Session Initiation Protocol | ShoreTel
Speech recognition External links:
Amazon Transcribe – Automatic Speech Recognition – AWS
Windows Speech Recognition commands – Windows Help
Fix the problem with Cortana and Windows Speech Recognition
Telephone banking External links:
Telephone Banking | First Interstate Bank
Telephone Banking | Northwest Federal Credit Union
Telephone Banking | TTCU Federal Credit Union
Telephone keypad External links:
Panasonic Cordless Telephone Keypad Button Repair …
DP29SW/IM Telephone Keypad Relay Trigger
The Voder External links:
The Voder: The First Machine To Produce Human Speech : …
Voice User Interface External links:
What Is a Voice User Interface (VUI)? An Introduction
VUI Agency – The Voice User Interface Agency & Platform
Voice mail External links:
Trouble Setting Up Voice Mail | Verizon Community
Voice Mail Service | U.S. Cellular
Voice portal External links:
Hosted Voice Portal – Lightpath
Hosted Voice Portal
NextLevel Voice Portal – NextLevel Support Center – 1
Web server External links:
WISCORS Network Web Server – Welcome
ProjectWise Web Server
Cesanta | Embedded web server
Web services External links:
Temporary Disability Insurance Web Services – LWD …
Web Services at Achieve Beyond
GIS Public Access Web Services Version 2 – summitoh.net
World Wide Web External links:
IIS World Wide Web Publishing Service (W3SVC)